Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Was it hard? How long it took you?
It only took like 15 mins to get to the speedometer, but an hour to put it back together!!

The damn steering wheel top cover doesn't want to mate to the bottom cover anymore.. and that felt material between that cover and the speedo trim kept coming off... It's not held very securely at all. Otherwise, it wouldn't be too hard.

On a side note, the stereo was surprisingly VERY easy to get out. It's only held in by 2 screws and some plastic clips.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
It only took like 15 mins to get to the speedometer, but an hour to put it back together!!

The damn steering wheel top cover doesn't want to mate to the bottom cover anymore.. and that felt material between that cover and the speedo trim kept coming off... It's not held very securely at all. Otherwise, it wouldn't be too hard.

On a side note, the stereo was surprisingly VERY easy to get out. It's only held in by 2 screws and some plastic clips.
So the assembly its not attach as previously it was?

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You guys....car interior doesn't need any chemical what so ever I just use a slightly wet micro fiber towel and it does the job just fine.

Jon_Snow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Country flag
You will need to pull the entire assembly out though. Good luck!

elitemav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Country flag
I know a way that works 100% to get rid of the spots, its not permanently stained it just seems that way because most things wont even take off a little and it seems like it might even be on the other side. here is what I did. get a can of Goof off professional strength it has to be the pro strength nd comes in a yellow aerosol can. spray on a microfiber cloth and not directly on the guage cluster and then it will rub the spots right out with little effort, its like a miracle. it will leave a little hazing and to get that out then you use the Meguires PlastX and it will make your guage cluster completely clear and look like new again and no need to replace the lens at all. this happned on my new Ranger and it was baking in the Arizona heat for 3 days and nothing would get the spots off at all until I tried this method and it worked like a charm. just joined the forum to post this because it seems like all the info you find tells you that you are too far gone and have to replace the lens with a new one and that is not true just use the goof off and plastx and its like new again. hopefully someone who needs this info finds it and saves some money and time.
Sponsored

Last edited: