17SIvic

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Hello all, just recently bought a 2017 civic SI and I want to know what I can do to get some HP gains. I looked around and most people are saying tune, tune, tune. I’ve never owned a civic before so this motors new to me. Any and all help is welcomed. Thanks!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Hate to be another one of those guys.

But...

A tune is the best power mod. By far.

You can do basics like intakes and exhaust and most of your money will go into sound, not real performance gains. Plus, a tune will give you more than just extra power. It will give you better everyday driveability too.

Here's a good basic plan for a better Si:
#1 Ktuner or Flashpro
#2 Better tires
#3 CTR rear sway
#4 Acuity shifter mods

Thank me later.

Last edited:

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What he said ^^^^. The Si is already a decent machine from the factory. It's just somewhat crippled by some decisions in tuning so get your tuner of choice as a start for the most performance of this beauty.

OP
OP
17SIvic

17SIvic

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag

But...

You can do basics like intakes and exhaust and most of your money will go into sound, not real performance gains. Plus, a tune will give you more than just extra power. It will give you better everyday driveability too.

#1 Ktuner or Flashpro
#2 Better tires
#3 CTR rear sway
#4 Acuity shifter mods

Thank me later.
Awesome, thank you! I heard from a couple people that flash tuners are not the way to go as well cause they can only do some much is that true?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome, thank you! I heard from a couple people that flash tuners are not the way to go as well cause they can only do some much is that true?

An ECU flash tuner such as ktuner or flashpro give more options and flexibility in tuning than a piggy back. The ultimate is something few can afford, motec

The downside to any tuner is, if you're worried about warranty, it's gone. Just do wheels, tires, suspension, and shifter mods if you have any engine warranty anxiety.

OP
OP
17SIvic

17SIvic

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
An ECU flash tuner such as ktuner or flashpro give more options and flexibility in tuning than a piggy back. The ultimate is something few can afford, motec

The downside to any tuner is, if you're worried about warranty, it's gone. Just do wheels, tires, suspension, and shifter mods if you have any engine warranty anxiety.
I’m not worried about warranty, I’m more worried about spending $600 on a tuner that only gave me 50hp lol. I guess what I’m aiming at is tryna have it pushing 300, but idk if that’s possible with a flash. What’s your opinions?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I’m not worried about warranty, I’m more worried about spending $600 on a tuner that only gave me 50hp lol. I guess what I’m aiming at is tryna have it pushing 300, but idk if that’s possible with a flash. What’s your opinions?
Adding 50 hp is a 25% increase in power for this civic, which is no small amount. If you're looking to reach 300hp I'm guessing you'll probably need a turbo upgrade, which will cost you a lot more than $600. However, keep in mind the Si is more about handling prowess than big power. Going fast in a straight line for cheap is what muscle cars are for.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

You'll need more than a tune to get those numbers. FBO with turbo swap gets really close on 93 octane. FBO with turbo swap and flex fuel pushes you over

. Regardless, you'll still need a tuner to get there. Might as well start with it if that's the direction you want to take your car.

As was stated above though, this isn't really a build up, and go fast in a straight line platform

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
182whp / 206tq - Factory Calibration
208whp / 258tq - Ktuner Starter 23psi
237whp / 281tq - TSP Stage 1 Tune
245whp / 278tq - Ktuner Starter 23psi w/ Flex Fuel
270whp / 327tq - TSP Stage 2 Tune w/ Flex Fuel
People usually go with the TSP stage 1 tune. If you do go with that, make sure to buy your ktuner from their website and you get the tune for free

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, the Si isn't the vehicle to push 300+ hp without beefing up the internals.

The 237whp / 281tq TSP Stage 1 tune may not sound like huge numbers, but remember, this is a 2900 lb. car. Combine that power with some small suspension improvements and you have a helluva well rounded ride.

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
You mustn't dream.
Increasing the power to 300 hp costs a lot more
than 600 $.
In addition to modifications to the engine itself,
you'll need a clutch that can handle the power
and torque.
You'll also need to change the R.M.M. as well as
better tires and rims to transfer the power to
the ground......
That is the bare minimum.
If you do the total, you're looking at several
thousands bucks.
Good luck with your mods.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
No, you aren't getting 300WHP out of this car with a tune. Your not getting 300whp without throwing thousands dollars at your car (Bigger turbo, upgraded clutch, and supporting mods).

BTW, 50WHP for 600 bucks is cheap as far as HP is concerned.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

But...

#1 Ktuner or Flashpro
#2 Better tires
#3 CTR rear sway
#4 Acuity shifter mods

Thank me later.
Yep. Best boom for your buck. It's a safe way to gain an additional 55 whp and you can remove it yourself if needed. I would personally recommend buying a Ktuner from Two Step Performance bundled with their TSP Stage 1 tune. With the mentioned mods in his list. What better way to spend your stimulus money?

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best recommendations: stage 1 tune, springs or other for suspension rigidity, short throw shifter, and tires and you'll have a fun machine. If you're gonna be pushing hard a lot, look for better cooling options, cooling is a common issue with track driving (aka intercooler, oil cooler, etc).

This point is contested a lot but imo flex fuel isn't a good option if you want to keep longevity. Don't let potential +90 hp for like $300 fool you, injectors don't handle it well (and there is a large lack of aftermarket fuel delivery systems for anything but Type R) and clutch will definitely start to slip.

If you're looking for more: wheels, rear motor mount, Type R clutch and flywheel retrofit, turbo swap, CAI, performance exhaust, cat delete, etc are all common performance mods on this platform.

Happy modding!

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

will techs see it was flashed twice?
Sponsored