OP
OP

MarkSi

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mustang GT (twin turbo)
Country flag
I think he was just being facetious / hyperbolic

what made you change your mind?

I love the look of them, but I was too frightened off when I kept seeing videos that their engines aren’t known for going very much longer than 100k miles.
I probably spent a good 3 or 4 hours comparing them side by side and in the end, it came down to:

Do I want AWD and a little more performance?
Or do I want a ton more amenities, gas mileage, reliability, comfortability, and to top it off - all of this at a lower price.

As much as I like beating the guy next to me at a red light, it's hard to pass up everything the Si has to offer outside of performance (not to mention the performance itself).
Sponsored

Sean McLaughlin

2018 Civic Si
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I just bought a 2020 civic si sedan. I love how the car drives and performs but I want to make it my own. I am almost positive I want to do Hondata's reflash because I can't stand the rev hang but I was wondering, what are some other bolt-ons I can slap on to increase performance that won't lead to any CELs or potential damage. I know the warranty thing is always up in the air and depends on the dealer, but if the parts don't cause damage then hopefully I won't even have to use the warranty...
I have Chip Your Car Tuner in my 2018 Si. However, I still dont push the car beyond its limits. Theres no need for that. My si is fast enough at 4000 rpms with this tuner. I see on YouTube other si owners, who install tuners, run the car up to 7000-8000rpms, then blow the engine or clutch because they are trying to be hotshots. My advice is don't beat the car beyond its limits. Enjoy the new power and excitement of driving it without the worry.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I’m sorry if this seems like I’m hijacking this thread but since we’re discussing Ktuner benefits and what not. I see you guys talking about the base map that comes preloaded on, does that tune work fine with all stock internals? No need to upgrade clutch? Inter cooler? Etc... I really want Ktuner because I hear of the instant benefits but I don’t plan to do much else than add an exhaust, CAI, and some suspension mods. Thanks for anyone’s input on this :)
If you get a ktuner, just keep the boost ramp to improved 1 and the throttle to the improved, don't use early spool and agressive ramps and you'll be fine on the stock clutch. What kills clutches is torque at low rpm(below 3500-4k) and instant spool. It won't be as much fun but it'll save the clutch.

civicsicoupe20

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The base tunes were designed on a stock setup and have proven very reliable. You certainly can upgrade your clutch and intercooler but they aren't mandatory by any means. Feel free to check out my tuning reliability survey.
Hey man,

How do you compare the ktuner base map to TSP stage 1 Map 1? I'm on TSP tune and I'm only using map 1 for now because I don't want to replace my clutch as of yet. and can you limit the boost or the turbo spool on TSP tune?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Hey man,

How do you compare the ktuner base map to TSP stage 1 Map 1? I'm on TSP tune and I'm only using map 1 for now because I don't want to replace my clutch as of yet. and can you limit the boost or the turbo spool on TSP tune?
TSP Stage 1 Map 1 is factory boost levels, so similar boost levels to I think the 19.5 ktuner basemap?

You cannot control the boost levels on TSP Stage 1, but you can control boost by gear if you want to limit boost in 4th and above, which is the highest risk of clutch slipping.
Sponsored