Performance Brakes LTD - Your source for Big Brake Kits!

Performance Brakes LTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
PBLred.png

Performance Brakes LTD is proud to offer big brake kits for the tenth generation Civic. Aftermarket options for this car are growing daily and we are excited to be a part of the community. We currently have several packages available and will have more available as research and development continues with this platform. Currently available kits are for all non Type R models tenth generation Civic models, including the Si. Our rear brake kits are still under development.

Here are the front brake kits we currently have to offer:

Forged_Superlite_Internal-lg.jpg

Wilwood 4 Piston Calipers with 12.6" One Piece Rotors - $865
  • Rotors are available in silver or black and can be shipped slotted and/or drilled at no additional cost.
  • The default calipers are black in color, red calipers are available but there is a $160 charge for that option.
  • Performance brake pads are included as well as braided steel brake lines
  • Includes everything needed to bolt onto your tenth generation Civic, such as adapter brackets
  • Requires a 17"+ wheel. Please contact us to verify compatibility with your exact setup.

6pistonkit.jpg

Wilwood 6 Piston Calipers with 12.9" Two Piece Rotors - $1550
  • Includes everything needed to bolt onto your tenth generation Civic
  • Available in black or red
  • Contact us for further details

Wilwood 6 Piston Calipers with 14.0" Two Piece Rotors - $TBD
  • Includes everything needed to bolt onto your tenth generation Civic
  • Available in black or red
  • Contact us for further details
---

Prices do not include shipping. Feel free to PM us with any questions. We look forward to serving you!
Sponsored

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
$865 for both front sides correct? Any cool pictures of them on the vehicle, so I can justify to my wife why I need these.

OP
OP
Performance Brakes LTD

Performance Brakes LTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
$865 for both front sides correct? Any cool pictures of them on the vehicle, so I can justify to my wife why I need these.
Yes that includes both sides. We do not yet have any photos available of this particular setup installed on a 10th generation Civic but have confirmed all of the applicable measurements to ensure perfect compatibility. We will gladly post photos as soon as they are available.

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..
Good stuff...lets get those photos of the 4 piston kit installed and some real world/track day reviews! Specifically interested in some F/R brake bias info after install.

OP
OP
Performance Brakes LTD

Performance Brakes LTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
Good stuff...lets get those photos of the 4 piston kit installed and some real world/track day reviews! Specifically interested in some F/R brake bias info after install.
Here is a photo of the 4 piston Wilwood kit installed. This particular user went with an optional two piece rotor.

Honda Civic 10th gen Performance Brakes LTD - Your source for Big Brake Kits! wilwood4

Brake bias will be mildly affected but it's not anything that will cause any problems. Balance can be "tuned" by using various pad compounds, if desired.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Performance Brakes LTD

Performance Brakes LTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
Does the 4 piston setup come with slotted and drilled rotors or slotted only?
Both options are available, as well as drilled only. Here is one more sample photo:

Honda Civic 10th gen Performance Brakes LTD - Your source for Big Brake Kits! wilwood4pot

That is a "black" rotor for anyone that may be wondering about the rotor color options.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Porsche Boxster, 2003 Subaru Outback Sedan, 2015 Harley Davidson Iron 883
How much of an improvement will this provide versus stock? Might have been a good idea to also show the stock brakes for reference. I believe they are 12.3" rotors and 2 piston calipers? Is that correct?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much of an improvement will this provide versus stock? Might have been a good idea to also show the stock brakes for reference. I believe they are 12.3" rotors and 2 piston calipers? Is that correct?
Non-Si has 11.1" rotors in the front and what is probably a single piston caliper. i will confirm that after my @Performance Brakes LTD install later this week. The Si has 12.3" front rotors.

OP
OP
Performance Brakes LTD

Performance Brakes LTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
We will work on getting more photos up soon. It looks like the size question has already been answered but in reference to how much of an improvement to expect:

A big brake kit is an oversized caliper that is used to house an oversized brake pad. The said purpose of these kits is to increase the surface area of the brake pad hitting the brake rotor for improved braking function.

Many people upgrade their brake calipers because they think bigger brakes calipers and pads mean more braking power. Most of this thinking is perpetuated by the belief that big brakes utilize more brake pad material and therefore cause more braking friction or grip. Additionally, people notice most performance autos having them installed, and want to replicate this.

What a big brake kit will do for a braking system is decrease the operating temperature of all related braking system components. As you may already know, heat is a brake systems’ worst enemy, and can render them ineffective after a certain point. Race cars use these big brake kits to reduce the temperature of brake calipers, pads, and fluid during heavy episodes of braking. A larger mass of brake pad allows the braking system to absorb more heat overall as there is a greater amount of material to do so. As the brake pad itself is able to take on more heat energy, the braking system stays cooler longer.

A big brake kit will not increase the stopping power of a vehicle or decrease its stopping distance due to the physics involved. A larger brake pad will only spread out the clamping force of the brake caliper over a greater area. The brake pad will always retain the same amount of friction between pad and rotor regardless of any increase in brake pad surface area. This is because the coefficient of friction law does not rely on the surface area of the materials involved; only with the type of materials involved.
TLDR: A big brake kit is going to allow you to significantly reduce the temperature of your brakes during extreme braking conditions so that you do not experience brake fade, boiling your fluid, ect. This is not something most anyone is going to need for an average commute, but does come into place during any type of aggressive driving that requires a lot of braking, whether that be on a track, canyon runs, ect.

There are also benefits of having more pistons in your caliper that are not referenced, but the above covers the most significant area of improvement.