ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Couple Energy Green
Country flag
I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else feels the same way I do. It may not be any different but, my butt dyno says there is less performance after the fuel dilution fix was applied than before. Is it just my imagination or is anyone else experiencing the same feelings? Thanks.
Sponsored

Boogs

I like to drive, fast
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si HFP, 1966 VW Type 3 Fastback, 2016 Kia Sorento EX
I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else feels the same way I do. It may not be any different but, my butt dyno says there is less performance after the fuel dilution fix was applied than before. Is it just my imagination or is anyone else experiencing the same feelings? Thanks.
There shouldn't be any performance change as the fix is to replace/update the HVAC ECU. From what I understand this is supposed to help warm the vehicle up sooner preventing potential condensation / dilution of oil.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Placebo effect.

There are no changes to the ECU that would make it "slower."

RYSBRNR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2017 Accord Sport SE, 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Country flag
Are there any changes which would negatively impact fuel economy? We’ve had the polar vortex all last week and I’m pretty sure my poor economy is due to that but I’ve gone from getting 34-36 down to 30-32 since the TSBs was done. Just the miserable cold, right?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Are there any changes which would negatively impact fuel economy? We’ve had the polar vortex all last week and I’m pretty sure my poor economy is due to that but I’ve gone from getting 34-36 down to 30-32 since the TSBs was done. Just the miserable cold, right?
A 4mpg difference is all within reason for the weather.

WhiteCastleKid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Nah...no diff...once its warmed up, same performance. I am very sensative to my car, it just warms up 60% faster.

rive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Forgive my ignorance, but does this service include an ECU reflash that could remove an applied tune?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Forgive my ignorance, but does this service include an ECU reflash that could remove an applied tune?
It does

RYSBRNR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A 4mpg difference is all within reason for the weather.
That’s what I thought as well but since Derek was here and knows these cars inside and out I figured I’d ask. Thanks!

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
No even if they wanted to they could not change anything regarding fuel economy calibration or emissions control. They would have to re-run fuel economy tests which are not easy or cheap to do.

RYSBRNR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No even if they wanted to they could not change anything regarding fuel economy calibration or emissions control. They would have to re-run fuel economy tests which are not easy or cheap to do.
Good point, I didn’t even think about that. It just seemed like such a dramatic shift that I’ve been grasping at straws to explain it, trying to piece together a bigger picture than is, perhaps, actually there. Thanks!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Knock control was reset during the flash, which means it was pulling extra timing afterward, but will make it's way back to normal over time as it learns.
Sponsored