OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
The R is actually pretty darn quick in a straight line. It’s just that it’s not a V8 monster like the cars that keep challenging me. Eventually, the parts will trickle out to get the car up there if you really want. I just don’t want to ruin it in the process.
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The R is actually pretty darn quick in a straight line. It’s just that it’s not a V8 monster like the cars that keep challenging me. Eventually, the parts will trickle out to get the car up there if you really want. I just don’t want to ruin it in the process.
Enjoy every bit of it.

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I street race it from time to time, and I use to drag race alot so I plan on taking it to the drag strip for shits and giggles lol so far, in street races, I've beaten a 392 challenger, 392 charger, c5 corvette, 2000s model camaro, focus st, golf r, all v6 challengers mustangs camaros and chargers, all i4 mustangs and camaros, a modded diesel ford, 350z, 370z, golf gti, and a miata mx5, All of these races ranged from a dig to 20, 30, 45, 50, 65, 75 rolls. I do understand the car isnt made from straight line racing or drag racing but its doing pretty damn good so far if you ask me. I've impressed a hell of allot of c7 owners too ( lost by a 1 and a half car(s) length).

I'm still stock too btw

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Ya'll need that hondata traction control, I can launch hard from a dig and have traction in first and second. I have fun surprising people from a dig lol.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
I street race it from time to time, and I use to drag race alot so I plan on taking it to the drag strip for shits and giggles lol so far, in street races, I've beaten a 392 challenger, 392 charger, c5 corvette, 2000s model camaro, focus st, golf r, all v6 challengers mustangs camaros and chargers, all i4 mustangs and camaros, a modded diesel ford, 350z, 370z, golf gti, and a miata mx5, All of these races ranged from a dig to 20, 30, 45, 50, 65, 75 rolls. I do understand the car isnt made from straight line racing or drag racing but its doing pretty damn good so far if you ask me. I've impressed a hell of allot of c7 owners too ( lost by a 1 and a half car(s) length).

I'm still stock too btw
Just be careful.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Happens quite often. Yesterday I had some guy in a VW Touraeg with a loud ass exhaust rev his engine at me at a stoplight:rolleyes1:

Last edited:

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Pretend that you're going to bite their bait, but proceed as normal once the light turns green. That's what I do. Smile and ask them to race at a race track with turns at the next stop light. I've yet to get one to agree and I don't even track lol.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I just LOL'ed at the ancient Tiburon that was revving at me yesterday at a light. I remember those things from HS - slow as hell. I think the car was older than the kid driving it.

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
It can run decent times at the 1/4 mile but it shines brightest on the road course.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1st gear sucks. It’s either a ton of wheelspin or TCS sapping power. And that’s not counting the dreadful 1->2 shift which when you are trying to give it the beans is nearly impossible to get even relatively smooth.

There are definitely better cars to take off from stoplights. The CTR will take off midway through second and all the way in 3rd but usually by then you are excessively over the limit. :bat:

That being said, I have had a go at it a few times, and the only way I seem to beat a lot of automatics is to rush my 1->2 shift which I can’t imagine is good for the drivetrain and transmission. The shift also feels more... rough when you shift it at extreme RPMs. I usually short shift at about 5k max for that reason.

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1st gear sucks. It’s either a ton of wheelspin or TCS sapping power. And that’s not counting the dreadful 1->2 shift which when you are trying to give it the beans is nearly impossible to get even relatively smooth.

There are definitely better cars to take off from stoplights. The CTR will take off midway through second and all the way in 3rd but usually by then you are excessively over the limit. :bat:

That being said, I have had a go at it a few times, and the only way I seem to beat a lot of automatics is to rush my 1->2 shift which I can’t imagine is good for the drivetrain and transmission. The shift also feels more... rough when you shift it at extreme RPMs. I usually short shift at about 5k max for that reason.

Takes some practice to learn to feather off the line in a manual and even more time to learn since its front wheel drive, the wheel spin or wheel hop can be avoided by feather technique, but the TCS does impact it until you get a tune for it like with Hondata launch control and traction control.

In street racing, you don't race to the speed limit anyway ;)

Yeah sometimes you have to short shift 1 to 2 to gain your traction back and not have the un-tuned system freak out on you. It really itsnt too hard on your system to short shift though, it does feel rough but hell even a full WOT in the higher gears have a rough shift when racing. From what I can tell, Honda put in some of their racing parts in the transmission, which is why it feels rough. Most race trannys have the same "jerk" when changing gears. My vette throws you back into the seat with every gear change because of how "violent" and hard the shift is to make sure it does it as quick as it was built to (note my vette is a 4 speed automatic built specifically for drag racing, it shifts twice as hard as my CTR)

cameron.hill

First Name
Cameron Hill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (TSP S1, Ktuner, PRL Cobra CAI, MAP Street Exhaust)
Country flag

I'm still stock too btw
What rolls did you do with the C5? My 2021 Type R is stock and Im going to be racing a Stock 6-speed C5 Corvette

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why did he take off the center of the wing?
Sponsored