People suck

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Oh, I know about PDR. Had to do it more times than I can count. People just don't care.

It sucks and I can sympathize. Most of us save up and work hard to buy the car. It's one thing if it were your fault that would be a different story. Last night I had the same thing happen to my car as well. I guess worst case scenario it can always be repaired but unfortunately it happened but it's not unrecoverable either. Sorry to hear about your wife as well. Just try to keep things in perspective which I have slowly been able to do as I have gotten older. If your health is good you are better off than a lot people today. I just put touch up paint but if I needed to I can always repair it it's an option on the table. Same with you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I realize in the big picture a ding on a car is not earth shattering. It just irks me that people don't respect other people's property. I have neighbors that will eat a fast food burger or something, get home and throw the wrapper on MY yard. It never used to be this bad.

I guess a lot of it is that when my wife died, my whole world kind of fell apart. I'm the type of person that tries to do the right thing. I guess I expect other people to be the same way. And some are. But most people just do what they want, when they want and where they want... and don't care how it affects anybody else.

Sorry to get too heavy here but it's just frustrating.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It sucks and I can sympathize. Most of us save up and work hard to buy the car. It's one thing if it were your fault that would be a different story. Last night I had the same thing happen to my car as well. I guess worst case scenario it can always be repaired but unfortunately it happened but it's not unrecoverable either. Sorry to hear about your wife as well. Just try to keep things in perspective which I have slowly been able to do as I have gotten older. If your health is good you are better off than a lot people today. I just put touch up paint but if I needed to I can always repair it it's an option on the table. Same with you.
Love your avatar! Another loser, lol.
My wife had to go to a clinic today, I told her to be careful where she parked. When I got home, I saw no dings. Go figure.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I realize in the big picture a ding on a car is not earth shattering. It just irks me that people don't respect other people's property. I have neighbors that will eat a fast food burger or something, get home and throw the wrapper on MY yard. It never used to be this bad.

I guess a lot of it is that when my wife died, my whole world kind of fell apart. I'm the type of person that tries to do the right thing. I guess I expect other people to be the same way. And some are. But most people just do what they want, when they want and where they want... and don't care how it affects anybody else.

Sorry to get too heavy here but it's just frustrating.

You makes good point and what you say is true. It doesn't matter what anyone here says tbh, if it's important to you then that's not for anyone to say otherwise else. Just give yourself 6 months and if it still bothers you, get it fixed. You probably plan on keeping the car for a long time anyways and it's not that old. There isn't any price on sentimental value.

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
This happened to me years ago with my civic, i ended up waiting for the guy and getting his insurance to pay for the damage. Some people don't give a sh** about vehicles, just something to get them from point a to b.

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
I guess people are more considerate where I live. At least in that regard.
I don't remember having a ding on any of my car because of a door.
Maybe I'm just lucky

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I parked my car in the furthest out space on the parking lot. My drivers side was even protected by a curb. Well some ass in an SUV had to park right on top of me. I got home and there it was... a huge door ding where they flung their door into my front passenger door. Right above my side moldings.

People just don't give a shit.
I feel your pain. Exact thing happened to me last year in a brand new Toyota Sienna. Lot wasn't overly crowded and I made a point to park a bit further out with empty spaces all around. Was in the store for 10-15 minutes and when I came out had a big ding, I would even say dent, in the driver's side door. I was so livid. It's not even so much the dent, but just the fact that someone would park on top of you an swing their door open like that with no regard for someone else's property. They are total inconsiderate assholes.

I am just waiting for the day when it happens to my civic. There is no protection whatsoever on the side and the metal is so thin I know it's gonna be bad. I had body side molding on my accord for 10 years and it helped out many times. Problem is I think the civic looks bad with them so I opted not to get them.

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
I can only imagine the folks that live in places where it hails. Definitely would have to invest in one of these.
Honda Civic 10th gen People suck 6A892D5E-7477-48C5-9B27-45661F20C40B

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I feel your pain. Exact thing happened to me last year in a brand new Toyota Sienna. Lot wasn't overly crowded and I made a point to park a bit further out with empty spaces all around. Was in the store for 10-15 minutes and when I came out had a big ding, I would even say dent, in the driver's side door. I was so livid. It's not even so much the dent, but just the fact that someone would park on top of you an swing their door open like that with no regard for someone else's property. They are total inconsiderate assholes1.

I am just waiting for the day when it happens to my civic. There is no protection whatsoever on the side and the metal is so thin I know it's gonna be bad. I had body side molding on my accord for 10 years and it helped out many times. Problem is I think the civic looks bad with them so I opted not to get them.
Yeah the sheet metal is aluminum foil thin. I do have the side moldings and they look better than you might think in person. Unfortuately, I park in a shopping center almost every day. :(

Honda Civic 10th gen People suck IMG_20170805_105841~3

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah the sheet metal is aluminum foil thin. I do have the side moldings and they look better than you might think in person. Unfortuately, I park in a shopping center almost every day. :(

IMG_20170805_105841~3.jpg
Yeah, they don't look bad at all in that pic. I'm assuming the ding was above the molding...

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can only imagine the folks that live in places where it hails. Definitely would have to invest in one of these.
6A892D5E-7477-48C5-9B27-45661F20C40B.jpeg
Ugh, that's giving me flashbacks. Last year the car went through 3 hailstorms + a small tornado passed like .5 mi away. Luckily no damage, but the anxiety was incredible.

This looks silly, but shit I'd use it.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they don't look bad at all in that pic. I'm assuming the ding was above the molding...
Yep, on the other side and above the molding. :(

Check this out... the Dent Goalie!

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
The people that park *right next to you* when you're alone at the end of the parking lot are the *same* people that sit in the next stall or pee in the next urinal when the whole freaking bathroom is empty.
Sponsored