Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So I parked my car in the furthest out space on the parking lot. My drivers side was even protected by a curb. Well some ass in an SUV had to park right on top of me. I got home and there it was... a huge door ding where they flung their door into my front passenger door. Right above my side moldings.

People just don't give a shit.
Sponsored

Nozomi135

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Modern Silver Metallic)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People these days have absolutely no respect to anyone else's property or even a modicum of common courtesy. They may not give a rats behind about dinging up their own car, but should at least show some regard to someone else's hard earned money. Not cool! I move my car at work a couple times a day to try to keep it safe, park at the end of lots when I go places. Just always terrified to come back to my brand new car dinged. My decade old beater Toyota hurt when I saw new dings, this thing is gonna make me go postal :')

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan (totaled) 2017 Type R (#322)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was this at a mall? Retail employees are instructed to park at the farthest end of the lot so it frees up space near the entrance for customers. Might have been someone late for work opening their door in a hurry.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn if you do, damn if you don't...

I get ripped when I parked far & alone. I've been told I'm attracting attention.

I took my Murano down to Niagara Falls, NY a few months ago and parked with the crowd. Guess what happened when we got out, my passenger bumper was scraped, I got home and managed to polished some of it out. What's worst was my BlackVue was useless because it didn't get the dipstick.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I need to post a pic of a ding? Seriously?

Wow.

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan (totaled) 2017 Type R (#322)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn if you do, damn if you don't...

I get ripped when I parked far & alone. I've been told I'm attracting attention.
There is a point where you might see a nicer car parked all the way out and think, "why does that person even bother driving, if they like to walk so far?" Park several spots out and it just looks like simple prudence or that some people parked next to you left already.
I need to post a pic of a ding? Seriously?

Wow.
I think he means people parking way out.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea,people are asses. I get so phased when I park somewhere away from a building and there are ten or fifteen empty spaces and these idiots have to park in the spot right next to me.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I was raised differently and my car is a big deal/big investment for me. When I get out of my car (if I happen to be close to another car) I open the door carefully. The ding (almost a small dent) high up on my door was clearly made by an SUV or truck and the door had to be opened with full force. It makes me sick.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
I am sorry.

When we had our Mercedes. The car was receiving new dings almost monthly and we dont park like assh*les.

Dallasite1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I guess I was raised differently and my car is a big deal/big investment for me. When I get out of my car (if I happen to be close to another car) I open the door carefully. The ding (almost a small dent) high up on my door was clearly made by an SUV or truck and the door had to be opened with full force. It makes me sick.
Ugh, this is the worst - so sorry this happened to you. I bought my car used in June and it cost me $520 to have around 2 dozen door dings removed from it. Honestly, the body on the Civic seems so thin that I don't think it takes much to ding them, unfortunately. :( I 100% agree with you, though. I was raised to treat my car very well as it's a big investment. Even my '94 Maxima that I paid $3500 for I treated like it was royalty. I try to treat other people's cars the same way, but not everyone returns that favor.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And just a little background. I take care of my cars. I keep them looking good, it's a point of pride to me.

Two years ago my wife passed away and my life was turned upside down. There's not much happiness for me these days. When I bought my Civic back in May, it put me a little smile on my face. And that's a rare thing these days. But, when inconsiderate assholes destroy your property as if it doesn't matter it makes me question what the hell is wrong with them. It's feels like people only care about me, myself and I.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
To the OP, any paint loss in the dent? If not, a local dent doctor will fix it easily.
Sponsored