TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
How do you guys deal with people hitting your bumper? I literally just dropped 400 bucks to repair mine because someone it so hard the rear bottom spoiler or whatever you call it started falling off. I park on the street, and guess what someone hits my car again.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP, I feel your pain. I live in a no garage townhouse with street parking. And on top of that, I work 5 days a week and have to park on a busy parking lot there.

No matter how far away I park, there's still no protection from careless people.

It sucks but there's not much you can do short of buying a house with a driveway/garage.

OP
OP
TyresseX

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP, I feel your pain. I live in a no garage townhouse with street parking. And on top of that, I work 5 days a week and have to park on a busy parking lot there.

No matter how far away I park, there's still no protection from careless people.

It sucks but there's not much you can do short of buying a house with a driveway/garage.
Sheet I better start saving now

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm lucky enough to have a garage to park mine in. Although it's only a 1 car, I don't have to worry about bird crap or hail.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently looked arround my car searching for damages and I was able to finde five little ones, this is one of them:

Honda Civic 10th gen People hitting rear bumper.. IMG_20210302_122635_copy_2016x1512

Honda Civic 10th gen People hitting rear bumper.. IMG_20210302_122638_copy_2016x1512

As long as all the parking sensor doesn't get damaged it's not too bad.

I also park outside of my appartement on the streets and I always try to avoid parallel parking, because my last car was a mess from all the people who bumped into it while maneuvering in and out of their tight parking spots.

So I try to find parking places where other car drivers only can smash their doors against my car and IMO that doesn't appear very often.

But to be fair, the worst damage on my car was done by myself. When I decided to hit a pole with my rear bumper. Why?Because I deactivated the parking sensor one day before and those genius Honda programmers thought it would be a great idea to leave it deactivated even when you restart the car the other day. ?

Have you ever though about buying one of these?

Honda Civic 10th gen People hitting rear bumper.. 51Ipr90xydL._AC_SY355_

Honda Civic 10th gen People hitting rear bumper.. 91rzWtD8M5L._AC_SL1500_

OP
OP
TyresseX

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I recently looked arround my car searching for damages and I was able to finde five little ones, this is one of them:

IMG_20210302_122635_copy_2016x1512.jpg

IMG_20210302_122638_copy_2016x1512.jpg

As long as all the parking sensor doesn't get damaged it's not too bad.

I also park outside of my appartement on the streets and I always try to avoid parallel parking, because my last car was a mess from all the people who bumped into it while maneuvering in and out of their tight parking spots.

So I try to find parking places where other car drivers only can smash their doors against my car and IMO that doesn't appear very often.

But to be fair, the worst damage on my car was done by myself. When I decided to hit a pole with my rear bumper. Why?Because I deactivated the parking sensor one day before and those genius Honda programmers thought it would be a great idea to leave it deactivated even when you restart the car the other day. ?

Have you ever though about buying one of these?

51Ipr90xydL._AC_SY355_.jpg

91rzWtD8M5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
something like this, but with spikes!

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am always very picky with how I park and try not to park on the street. If I do I always try to get end spots. Another thing is I have a front and rear camera I wire in and set it up to have a parking guard on so that I get footage of the hit. Oh and lastly I always try to get brighter colored cars like white that are easier to see at night.

OP
OP
TyresseX

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am always very picky with how I park and try not to park on the street. If I do I always try to get end spots. Another thing is I have a front and rear camera I wire in and set it up to have a parking guard on so that I get footage of the hit. Oh and lastly I always try to get brighter colored cars like white that are easier to see at night.
can i see how you wired the backup camera? i have one but it would look bad with the wires sticking out.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which model do you have? If its a sedan just tuck all the wires in the headliner. If it's a hatch like mine I started with the headliner but then ran the camera wire through the conduit up into the hatch and then mounted the camera under the hatch. You can't see my wires at all.
Sponsored