BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
KTuner hasn't added a lot of things to the type R despite it being available on their other platforms. Traction control, for example. You also, strangely enough, can't even actually see knock retard in KTuner. Have to look for misfire counts instead.
True. Yet I still wonder why they say the CTR can’t handle flex fuel yet hondata claims just the opposite and provides data.
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
True. Yet I still wonder why they say the CTR can’t handle flex fuel yet hondata claims just the opposite and provides data.
It technically can't. We have to reduce boost to run ethanol. Even with the fuel pump upgrade, you can't run full E85 and not reduce boost a little. Most platforms you massively turn up the boost with ethanol, but we can't. Luckily it just so happens you get more from the ignition advance than you lose from the boost.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
It technically can't. We have to reduce boost to run ethanol. Even with the fuel pump upgrade, you can't run full E85 and not reduce boost a little. Most platforms you massively turn up the boost with ethanol, but we can't. Luckily it just so happens you get more from the ignition advance than you lose from the boost.
Seems like enough of a reason for them to jump on board. More power, less boost. Why. Not

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Seems like enough of a reason for them to jump on board. More power, less boost. Why. Not
I've been asking the same question for a couple of years. The only real answer I can come up with is that KTuner just doesn't have time for a platform that doesn't make them as much money as others. The mass majority of tuned Type Rs are on Hondata. KTuner's a really great platform too, so it kinda sucks how little love the Type R gets (besides their awesome basemaps)

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
I've been asking the same question for a couple of years. The only real answer I can come up with is that KTuner just doesn't have time for a platform that doesn't make them as much money as others. The mass majority of tuned Type Rs are on Hondata. KTuner's a really great platform too, so it kinda sucks how little love the Type R gets (besides their awesome basemaps)
I think its kinda a undeclared mutual understanding between the two; You take CTRs and I'll take the rest...
Moreover within a same platform ktuner fail to provide all features across all ECUs. Had been asking them for a simple map switch on the fly for over a year but no luck, prolly the same reason you mentioned Mooooonies

Last edited:

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Well. I ordered the penguin kit. I'll just use the hondata mobile app to check the fuel percentage.

OP
OP
23Red

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
Had my kit in for about 2 weeks now and running the Hondata flex fuel tune. Currently running E30-ish, feels good man.

Jlcantu13

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Had my kit in for about 2 weeks now and running the Hondata flex fuel tune. Currently running E30-ish, feels good man.
This is the penguin kit you're talking about?

OP
OP
23Red

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
Awesome so are you running a ethanol gauge or is there a way to monitor through the hondata app or dash app?
No standalone gauge, I'm monitoring through the Hondata dash app. TBH, once the mixture stabilizes (after about 10-15 mins of driving) there's no need to consistently monitor the ethanol content.
Sponsored