Penguin Tech Racing Flex Fuel Kit

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
The downpipe alone will net you more gains than an IC and FP. If you’re worried about heat while tracking, the C&R is good, but overpriced IMO. Koyo with acuity hoses and PRL IC will do you the same job.
PRL casually states about 16whp with their down pipe. If the Hondata fuel system allows me to run more boost with more ethanol, then it should make a much larger impact.

For the radiator I'm still not sold on any of the options, yet.
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Anybody installed this with the mishimoto catch can? Looking to see the fitment.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
but would work with ktuner ?
KTuner doesn't support flex fuel on the Type R.

The sensors themselves are all the same. It's a GM Continental sensor, just in a different housing, plugged into the ECT2 port. On Hondata you can adjust the voltages anyways.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What is your AFR on wot?
Fuel doesn't change AFR on this ECU because of two reasons:

1. It doesn't actually use air-fuel ratios, it uses lambda with 1 being the stoichiometric point it finds while learning after a flash, and then will adjust for volume for whatever you put in it and still hit the AFCMD. Only exception is if you change the fuel so much it has to trim over 25%. Even with E30 (the max you can ideally run) it's still only gonna be 6-10% off.
2. We're in constant closed loop, even during WOT. Very few other cars do this.

What you'd really want to ask is what the fuel trims are like, which will be off if not corrected for manually. The ECU will figure out the stochiometric burn point, but won't make the trims permanent.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Awesome! What is the peak boost you're hitting?
peak boost means nothing on the FK8, could be 19 psi one day and 23 the next. probably somewhere in that range though on ethanol.

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Awesome! What is the peak boost you're hitting?
Depends on the outside temp and density altitude. Really good DA and the car will hit less boost.

That said. It's hitting all of it. I'll try to do some logs at some point and look at my fuel pump %. I'm generally putting in 3.1 gallons of E85 tested at actual E85-E90 for the rest of the tank to be E10 91.

nabeelkhalid91

First Name
Nabeel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5t Sedan
Country flag
Depends on the outside temp and density altitude. Really good DA and the car will hit less boost.

That said. It's hitting all of it. I'll try to do some logs at some point and look at my fuel pump %. I'm generally putting in 3.1 gallons of E85 tested at actual E85-E90 for the rest of the tank to be E10 91.
Looking forward. Just wanted to check if Hondata increases boost with Eth % or is it just timing advance.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looking forward. Just wanted to check if Hondata increases boost with Eth % or is it just timing advance.
We actually have to reduce mid-range boost to use ethanol because we're already at about 80-90% capacity on the fuel pump from factory. However, we can massively increase ignition advance at the same time to make up for it. E30 is the sweet spot where boost isn't reduced too much but we can run a ton of ignition advance.

On E30 we can get 10-12 degrees ignition advance over factory. For reference, the 93 basemap only adds 2.25 degrees over factory. But, as a result, we have to lower the max air charge by about 10-20% absolute (air charge is a percentage) in the midrange. Top end boost isn't affected much.

You basically trade a little bit of mid-range oomph for a ton of top end oomph. At least on a custom tune. The basemaps for ethanol are pretty conservative because every Type R is wildly different in pumping ability and it'd be impossible to make a one-size-fits-all map that also makes the most of what's available.

Zombie

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R, 08 Z71, 2019 Traverse Redline, 2011 Ruckus GY6 150
Country flag
Fuxk it, I ordered a PLM intercooler, PLM dp and fp combo+ precision works rear mount and ptr FF kit lets see how this cornfed life feels like!?. I'll be installing the flexfuel kit first then intercooler, dp, fp and rear motor mount later once im back home from work in a few weeks!
How are the PLM IC,Dp, and rear mount??

Jlcantu13

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
How are the PLM IC,Dp, and rear mount??
Actually have the Ic, dp and fp for sale brand new if you're interested bc I went with a custom setup. Lmk
Sponsored