Penguin Tech Racing Flex Fuel Kit

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I received my kit yesterday - shipping was stupid fast.

I'll do the install on Friday.

There isn't any packaging really, no box. Just a well-wrapped kit inside a padded envelope. There isn't anything to hurt I suppose. Install instructions are just a single sheet of paper, no worries there as the countless videos on the PRL kit which this seems to mimic are good enough. Looks like it uses the o2 and ect sensor for the information.
Sponsored

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
I received my kit yesterday - shipping was stupid fast.

I'll do the install on Friday.

There isn't any packaging really, no box. Just a well-wrapped kit inside a padded envelope. There isn't anything to hurt I suppose. Install instructions are just a single sheet of paper, no worries there as the countless videos on the PRL kit which this seems to mimic are good enough. Looks like it uses the o2 and ect sensor for the information.
Thanks for the review of the buying/shipping process. I couldn't pass up the savings with intro pricing and just placed an order.

Cheers from AZ.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Are you going to the meet on Sunday?
I wasn't aware of any meet, but I'm prepping for a track day on 10/11 this weekend. Feel free to shoot me a PM with the info.

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I installed my PTR kit.

Took about 90 minutes. I watched the Torq toolbox video as the walk through. It's a dead simple install and straight foward.

Loaded the flex fuel tune.

Holy shit.

Jlcantu13

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I wasn't aware of any meet, but I'm prepping for a track day on 10/11 this weekend. Feel free to shoot me a PM with the info.
I installed my PTR kit.

Took about 90 minutes. I watched the Torq toolbox video as the walk through. It's a dead simple install and straight foward.

Loaded the flex fuel tune.

Holy shit.
What mix are you running? And how big of a difference from a 93 oct tune? Really getting the itch to buying a kit but not sure if I should get a dp and fp first or the kit?

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
What mix are you running? And how big of a difference from a 93 oct tune? Really getting the itch to buying a kit but not sure if I should get a dp and fp first or the kit?
I did three gallons of e85. It gave me e24. I'll go to 3..3 gallons next time. I'm hitting. Lot higher boost and the car feels great on the butt dyno.

Jlcantu13

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I did three gallons of e85. It gave me e24. I'll go to 3..3 gallons next time. I'm hitting. Lot higher boost and the car feels great on the butt dyno.
You running a separate e85 gauge or just going by the hondata gauge? Also would it be wise to run e85 without a bigger intercooler? Bc im ready to buy 2 mods but not sure if i should get intercooler and flex fuel or dp with fp and flexfuel? I want the nest gains and ill eventually get the ic or dp just want to know which combo would give me the best gains?

Jlcantu13

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You running a separate e85 gauge or just going by the hondata gauge? Also would it be wise to run e85 without a bigger intercooler? Bc im ready to buy 2 mods but not sure if i should get intercooler and flex fuel or dp with fp and flexfuel? I want the nest gains and ill eventually get the ic or dp just want to know which combo would give me the best gains?
Fuxk it, I ordered a PLM intercooler, PLM dp and fp combo+ precision works rear mount and ptr FF kit lets see how this cornfed life feels like!?. I'll be installing the flexfuel kit first then intercooler, dp, fp and rear motor mount later once im back home from work in a few weeks!

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I am just using the Hondata gauge. I don't see any reason I need another one.

My next mods will be a C&R intercooler and radiator. From there I'd do the hondata fuel system. I don't see the downpipe making any significant power on it's own.

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Fuxk it, I ordered a PLM intercooler, PLM dp and fp combo+ precision works rear mount and ptr FF kit lets see how this cornfed life feels like!?. I'll be installing the flexfuel kit first then intercooler, dp, fp and rear motor mount later once im back home from work in a few weeks!
I did the 62a hasport rear mount. It made a significant difference in driving feel and traction.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag

My next mods will be a C&R intercooler and radiator. From there I'd do the hondata fuel system. I don't see the downpipe making any significant power on it's own.
Does this PNR kit also use a ktuner branded sensor?

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

The downpipe alone will net you more gains than an IC and FP. If you’re worried about heat while tracking, the C&R is good, but overpriced IMO. Koyo with acuity hoses and PRL IC will do you the same job.