TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R #00561, 2012 Civic Si, 2000 Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
Going to drop the car off at the shop next week to get it ready for the next phase of the build as well as to sort out the issues.
Next phase of the build - rocket fuel?

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
Next phase of the build - rocket fuel?
lol. No surprises here but I've mentioned in my previous posts about my upcoming mods. Basically doing the following though in the next phase:

- Adding carbon doors
- Add carbon rear trunk
- Lexan glass - 5 pc - Not doing the front for structural reasons
- Rampage drop in turbo upgrade
- Rampage Inlet pipe
- upgrade ignition coil packs
- changing out the HPFP and in tank + filter
- Add surge tank
- Retune

So basically lose weight, add power.

This past Sunday, my friend (the one in the blue CTR) was basically on my ass. The guy is running basically the same mods as me albeit with less aero and he's hitting 130 constantly on the straights.

Here is his video by the way. To say the kid is quick is an understatement. haha.

I have been avoiding adding power because of several reasons:

1. Wanted to get more seat time to get used to the chassis
2. The pump can't handle it
3. Reliability reasons - I wanted to make sure I bolster the rest of the car before I added power

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1995 Nissan Micra
Country flag
Awesome thread. Super jealous you can track year round there. First track day for me isn't till early April when winter blows over.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Love this car <3.

Fun meeting you last weekend I can't wait for 4/11 now with a better grasp on Thunderhill East :drive:

That first photo tho after you blew past me :p

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 10.59.39 AM

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
/\ Grimace, I thought that looked like your car.
Looks like a few CTR's were having fun :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Love this car <3.

Fun meeting you last weekend I can't wait for 4/11 now with a better grasp on Thunderhill East :drive:

That first photo tho after you blew past me :p

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 10.59.39 AM.png

YESSS nice to finally put a face to a name haha.

Can't wait for 4/11. Hoping to button the car up by then.

solidconceptgroup

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Accord V6
Country flag
YESSS nice to finally put a face to a name haha.

Can't wait for 4/11. Hoping to button the car up by then.
Not sure if I missed it, while reading your thread but have you tried a Thermostat I just got a spoon sports one and it's suppose to open up 10 degrees sooner... Spoon low-temp thermostat has a valve opening temperature of 68C (OEM 78C) and a fully open temperature of 81C (OEM 90C)... just my 2 cents...

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=1988

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure if I missed it, while reading your thread but have you tried a Thermostat I just got a spoon sports one and it's suppose to open up 10 degrees sooner... Spoon low-temp thermostat has a valve opening temperature of 68C (OEM 78C) and a fully open temperature of 81C (OEM 90C)... just my 2 cents...

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=1988

I don't have that part yet but since the car is down for the next month. Why not. Just ordered it. lol.

The car doesn't really have any cooling issues though.

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
@ipeefreely What a great build thread! Thanks for taking the time and effort to document everything you've done to your CTR. It's definitely a great resource for the community.

I'm coming from an Evo X MR (DCT trans) that I use to run HPDE here in Illinois. Guys were having over heating and melted wiring harness issues (turbo sits btw the block and firewall). After over heating running stock I put in a AMS catted downpipe and Dodson heated/cooled trans sump. I think what helped the most was using Swaintech's White lightning ceramic coating on the manifold, turbine housing and downpipe. It is extremely thick and really helps hold in heat.

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street 09_302531974_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=43edb5&_nc_ohc=6bz0jmKwhbEAX_n9BZV&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

Honda Civic 10th gen PEEFREE's Civic Type R FK8 Build thread - Track / Street 9_1240425413_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=43edb5&_nc_ohc=VFzehRybKXIAX8UQEBq&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
@ipeefreely What a great build thread! Thanks for taking the time and effort to document everything you've done to your CTR. It's definitely a great resource for the community.

I'm coming from an Evo X MR (DCT trans) that I use to run HPDE here in Illinois. Guys were having over heating and melted wiring harness issues (turbo sits btw the block and firewall). After over heating running stock I put in a AMS catted downpipe and Dodson heated/cooled trans sump. I think what helped the most was using Swaintech's White lightning ceramic coating on the manifold, turbine housing and downpipe. It is extremely thick and really helps hold in heat.

09_302531974_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=43edb5&_nc_ohc=6bz0jmKwhbEAX_n9BZV&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

9_1240425413_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=43edb5&_nc_ohc=VFzehRybKXIAX8UQEBq&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg
I was thinking of doing the coating on the hot parts for ctr. How much did that set you back?

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
@Lust @.grimace Price depends on the size and complexity of the parts. The mani was $250 (not applicable to the CTR), turbine housing ~$125 and the DP was ~$175 (the DP on the Evo is shorter than the DP + front pipe). Shipping is paid by the customer both ways.

The Evo was my weekend and light duty track car. The CTR is my daily plus occasional track car and needs to survive Illinois winters. I'm on the fence if I want to coat the factory DP/front pipe or buy and coat a PRL setup. I wasn't planning on tuning the car.
Sponsored