Pedal Height

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
I was just wondering if any of you guys think the pedal heights are a bit too high. Whenever I'm on long highway trips where my foot is constantly on the gas my heel starts to hurt, the type of hurt you get when you're skin is shafing or constantly rubbing to the back of your shoes when your shoes are too tight when walking or running. I think the issue is the pedal is so high that when I do long trips my feet is completely vertical for a long period of time with my heel straight down on the carpet causing constant shafing. This only happens when I drive barefoot because of the direct skin contact. I didnt have this issue in my 15' Si. Can anybody else relate to this? And if so what are the solutions?
Sponsored

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pedals seem perfect to me!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Whenever I'm on long highway trips where my foot is constantly on the gas my heel starts to hurt...
Cruise control.

This only happens when I drive barefoot because of the direct skin contact.
Don't drive barefoot.

While driving barefoot is legal, if you are involved in an accident it could be cited as a contributing factor.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Cruise control.

Don't drive barefoot.

While driving barefoot is legal, if you are involved in an accident it could be cited as a contributing factor.
If only everyone used cruise control on long straight highways... I would set it to 80mph from Vegas to California and people will always try to race by me and yet I eventually catch up. Too much variance in speeds when driving without cruise control in my opinion.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If only everyone used cruise control on long straight highways... I would set it to 80mph from Vegas to California and people will always try to race by me and yet I eventually catch up. Too much variance in speeds when driving without cruise control in my opinion.
Simple fix-----1. trade your Si in the a Civic Touring CVT with Honda Sensing 2. set the cruise for 75 3. Let your car speed up and slow down as necessary 4. Don't worry, no one will try to race you.

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I never use cruise control. I get better gas mileage using my trusty foot.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
And hypermilers in their Priuses get even better fuel economy, but they also piss everyone off by slowing to 40 going uphill and speeding to 80 going downhill in a 60 MPH zone. ;)

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
The difference between getting 40 and 42 mpg is damn near negligible.

Buy some shoes, use CC on the highway... Boom!

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Simple fix-----1. trade your Si in the a Civic Touring CVT with Honda Sensing 2. set the cruise for 75 3. Let your car speed up and slow down as necessary 4. Don't worry, no one will try to race you.
I think you are misunderstanding my point. I wasn't talking about normal regular driving on highways, but super long straights where you know everyone is heading to the same destination (such as california to Las Vegas). These super long drives I can confidently say that if you don't use cruise control, your speeds will constantly fluctuate. This affects traffic and fuel mileage and pisses me off when I move over for some dickhead going 90-100mph only to see them bitch out to 70 ten minutes later. I assume you have never driven from California to Vegas, so you might not understand my pain.

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
And hypermilers in their Priuses get even better fuel economy, but they also piss everyone off by slowing to 40 going uphill and speeding to 80 going downhill in a 60 MPH zone. ;)
Yeah that's not me. There's no reason to be going slower than everyone else.... ever. And the left lane is for passing, not for driving.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you are misunderstanding my point. I wasn't talking about normal regular driving on highways, but super long straights where you know everyone is heading to the same destination (such as california to Las Vegas). These super long drives I can confidently say that if you don't use cruise control, your speeds will constantly fluctuate. This affects traffic and fuel mileage and pisses me off when I move over for some dickhead going 90-100mph only to see them bitch out to 70 ten minutes later. I assume you have never driven from California to Vegas, so you might not understand my pain.
I gotcha, bro. Just messing around.

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That difference isn't negligible over the several million miles you'll drive in your life.
Here is my calculation, based on the difference between 40 and 42 miles per gallon over 1 million lifetime miles, fuel cost of $3/gallon, and driving from age 16 to age 81 (roughly 15,000 miles per year):

$3,571 = lifetime savings
$55 = savings per year

Others may make different assumptions or drive more miles. For me, the difference is negligible. YMMV, so to speak. ;)

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is my calculation, based on the difference between 40 and 42 miles per gallon over 1 million lifetime miles, fuel cost of $3/gallon, and driving from age 16 to age 81 (roughly 15,000 miles per year):

$3,571 = lifetime savings
$55 = savings per year

Others may make different assumptions or drive more miles. For me, the difference is negligible. YMMV, so to speak. ;)
All vehicles will be electric by 2030 anyway. Your savings model will decrease.:):)

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^^^ Probably right, but it was a quick calculation. :)
Sponsored