PEACE OUT FAM - Traded my FK7 for a 2020 Accord Sport!

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
So this hands down has been the best auto forum I've ever been on. And I've been on them for 15yrs! I traded my 2018 Civic Sport Hatchback in this past week for a 2020 Accord Sport. Needless to say between the dealership giving me the wrong Vin number and then my bank messing it up trying to edit the correct Vin number, I was ready to say F this I'm keeping my car. I was able to talk the dealership into tinting the windows to 35% for free because the whole thing was initially their fault. But finally all the BS is done and I can start wasting money and modding the Accord now lol. We needed an Automatic this time around so my wife could drive it from time to time. More room was also a major plus for the kids in the back. And overall a really nice comfortable ride for my 3hr total commutes everyday!

Plans for the Accord:
Stereo/12" Sub
Eibach Lowering Springs
Black Emblems
Black Grille (bought already)
Black Window Trim (bought already)

But anyways just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all the advice and knowledge!

I have a few parts left on my "for sale thread" if anyone is interested in them:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-v2-acuity-rally-armor-ect.54246/#post-875627

Honda Civic 10th gen PEACE OUT FAM - Traded my FK7 for a 2020 Accord Sport! 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200828171929502_COVER

Honda Civic 10th gen PEACE OUT FAM - Traded my FK7 for a 2020 Accord Sport! 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200902185337914_COVER

Last edited:

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Lx"FK7" (Canadian spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So this hands down has been the best auto forum I've ever been on. And I've been on them for 15yrs! I traded my 2018 Civic Sport Hatchback in this past week for a 2020 Accord Sport. Needless to say between the dealership giving me the wrong Vin number and then my bank messing it up trying to edit the correct Vin number, I was ready to say F this I'm keeping my car. I was able to talk the dealership into tinting the windows to 35% for free because the whole thing was initially their fault. But finally all the BS is done and I can start wasting money and modding the Accord now lol. We needed an Automatic this time around so my wife could drive it from time to time. More room was also a major plus for the kids in the back. And overall a really nice comfortable ride for my 3hr total commutes everyday!

Plans for the Accord:
Stereo/12" Sub
Eibach Lowering Springs
Black Emblems
Black Grille (bought already)
Black Window Trim (bought already)

But anyways just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all the advice and knowledge!

I have a few parts left on my "for sale thread" if anyone is interested in them:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-v2-acuity-rally-armor-ect.54246/#post-875627

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200828171929502_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200902185337914_COVER.jpg
1st congrats on the Nice upgrade. But TBH I'm super sad to see your mint civic head back for the trade in, it was one of the most cleanest civic hatchbacks I've ever seen ?????.

2nd is it the accord sport 1.5T or the 2.0T??

The Accord is obviously way more luxurious of a ride compared to the civic.... BUT comparing the civic hatch to a accord 1.5T, the lil civic is quite abit quicker, especially in the twistys.

3rd as long as your happy with your decisions and your wallet did not take a huge hit, then you do what ever you desire!

Nice Accord BTW ????

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
1st congrats on the Nice upgrade. But TBH I'm super sad to see your mint civic head back for the trade in, it was one of the most cleanest civic hatchbacks I've ever seen ?????.

2nd is it the accord sport 1.5T or the 2.0T??

The Accord is obviously way more luxurious of a ride compared to the civic.... BUT comparing the civic hatch to a accord 1.5T, the lil civic is quite abit quicker, especially in the twistys.

3rd as long as your happy with your decisions and your wallet did not take a huge hit, then you do what ever you desire!

Nice Accord BTW ????
Thanks man, I literally had a 95 Eg Civic Hatchback that was blue and on gunmetal gray RPF1s when I was younger. I loved how I made that hatchback look so I tried to make this look like the modern version of it! I'm definitely going to miss the car because it was extremely nimble in the corners with the eibach springs and the TSP tune made it fun to rip. But its just not practical for me any longer as a daily :confused:

I did only get the 1.5t as the 2.0t was still 7k more and I couldn't justify that! And to be honest I KNOW I would have started throwing parts under the hood and a tuner on the 2.0t but I'm trying to avoid that this time around lol.

The only hit I took was not being able to keep the rims as I only have 2 stock ones...
And a side note the dealership is asking 20k for my old Civic with 50k miles on it!?
You can get a new one for 22k lol

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Congrats and how about a comparison between the two? I’m sure a lot of people were or are on the fence between the two.

ken88

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero
Country flag
Congratulations on the new ride.
I have a feeling I'm not that far behind you; my lease is coming near its end and I'm looking to get into something bigger.
Got it narrowed down between an Accord or Camry, leaning slightly towards the Accord.

OP
OP
CVCTURBO

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Congrats and how about a comparison between the two? I’m sure a lot of people were or are on the fence between the two.

The Accord Sport as a whole is so much nicer inside and out. This also could be because my Hatchback Sport didn't have leather, all the tech crap, ect. But it really depends on what you want out of a vehicle. The Civic was 100% more "fun" to drive because it was more hands on. The Accord is sooooo comfortable and more luxurious obviously. Essentially I realized I didn't want to feel 16yrs old anymore and more like a 30yr with 2 kids because I am lmao!

Last edited:

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
Congrats! Your civic is my work in progress, hope you enjoy the Accord.

I might need to scoop some RPF1s some day ;D
Sponsored