himynameisaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl White Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys. So I was trying to figure out how to use my phone as a hotspot without having to pay the carrier hotspot fees. I stumbled upon an app called PdaNet+. It works like a charm. It allows you to use various methods (USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) to use your phone as a hotspot for free! Works on my laptop. So I was messing around in the car and thought maybe I could g et it to work on the head unit. Now this DOES require Honda Hack. Search for PdaNet APK download. Put it on a sd card, plug it in and use Honda Hack to install it. It's compatible with the version of android on my 18 Si. End results? Works like a champ. To use it, on phone select "Wi-Fi Direct Hotspot". Once you do that, open pdanet on the head unit and select "PdaNet Hotspot". You'll see on the screenshots there is a blue area at the top on the phone app showing you the password. Enter it and viola. Free Hotspot!

Honda Civic 10th gen PdaNet+ free hot-spot! IMG_20190701_154212024
View attachment 160679
Honda Civic 10th gen PdaNet+ free hot-spot! IMG_20190701_154131547
Honda Civic 10th gen PdaNet+ free hot-spot! IMG_20190701_154312258

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

rplush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
This is definitely an option but your carrier knows whether you're using your data for the device it's intended for or if its being shared to another device. PDANet+ was a hotspot solution in the iPhone jailbreak scene back in the day when carriers only offered hotspot as an additional paid feature. Those who were grandfathered in for unlimited data had no access to hotspot feature. Unfortunately there were numerous reports of the people who used PDANet on a JB'ed iPhone got kicked off their grandfathered unlimited plan

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si sedan, 2016 Honda pilot
Country flag
Shit, I'll give it a try thanks bro

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
if you link up honda link with your phone. it iwll give it internet

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
download the app Honda link on your phone and have bluethooth connection to the headunit...

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got it. Drove away from the house to make sure it still wasn't linked to my home wifi. Had YouTube on and it was playing fine. Thanks for the post bro

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Pdanet is oooooold. I used it on my palm Treo 650 back in the day, then later on my iPhone 3GS and HTC Mogul. It was a way to have unrestricted internet browsing while at work. Would pop the ethernet, plug in the USB and use the usb modem connection. As an IT geek it worked well enough but would have been kludgy for a normal user. They (pdanet) play a cat and mouse game with carriers. Measure vs counter measure.
Eventually your carrier will notice an increase in traffic. Most carriers plans offer hotspot. I know Verizon does. I use between 30-60GB per month, about a third of that is tethering.

Last edited:

Triple_peaz

Brother Taresa
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven't really used it much just for the initial test. Not sure when I will ever need to use it.
Sponsored