Passenger Window not working

rockwooroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2013, EX 2016
Country flag
Out of the blue, lowered the window and then it would not come up.
Took it into the dealer 3 weeks ago and they said the mechanism failed.
They lifted the window manually and ordered parts....still waiting.
Sponsored

acxskavi

civic_exl_2016
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I had similar issue. Passenger rear (behind driver's) window wouldn't roll up normal (goes dead slow, one time it even stopped in the middle). I took it to the Dealer, they had to take the door off and fix it for me. In the process they broke the switch panel (plastic cover inside) for which they had to order the part and I had to go in again. During 2nd visit, I don't know what they did but, it warned me "Brake system issue, check with dealer asap" at the dealer itself.. I went back, they looked at it and said now okay.. then it popped up another message saying "12v battery system failure, check with dealer asap", I went back and got them looked at it. They came back to me and said they hooked it up to computer and reset everything and said give it some time to settle down. I haven't seen those msgs again.

Did you ever have an issue with time on screen getting stuck and wouldn't change? it takes couple of rides (on and off) to get adjusted by itself. One time I even had to re-boot the system.

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I had similar issue. Passenger rear (behind driver's) window wouldn't roll up normal (goes dead slow, one time it even stopped in the middle). I took it to the Dealer, they had to take the door off and fix it for me. In the process they broke the switch panel (plastic cover inside) for which they had to order the part and I had to go in again. During 2nd visit, I don't know what they did but, it warned me "Brake system issue, check with dealer asap" at the dealer itself.. I went back, they looked at it and said now okay.. then it popped up another message saying "12v battery system failure, check with dealer asap", I went back and got them looked at it. They came back to me and said they hooked it up to computer and reset everything and said give it some time to settle down. I haven't seen those msgs again.

Did you ever have an issue with time on screen getting stuck and wouldn't change? it takes couple of rides (on and off) to get adjusted by itself. One time I even had to re-boot the system.
All of the issues you have mentioned are discussed in other forum threads here. Do a quick search and you will find solutions to most of these problems.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
All of the issues you have mentioned are discussed in other forum threads here. Do a quick search and you will find solutions to most of these problems.
Yeah. Error messages are misleading with this car.
One failing sets off a slew of others that come after in the sequence of checks.
They aren't directly indicative of an issue if it goes away after a restart.

Just bad design.

OP
OP
rockwooroo

rockwooroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2013, EX 2016
Country flag
Finally got the problem solved. Honda calls it a runchannel which was defective and obstructing the window

Namtil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Finally got the problem solved. Honda calls it a runchannel which was defective and obstructing the window
Yeah I had to have my runchannel replaced as well. Felt like it was tugging the window a lil too tightly. This was the second time i brought it back though, because the first time they just sprayed silicone lube on it.

Buccal_Up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T
Country flag
yesterday my passenger window stopped working. wouldn't roll down - i tried toggling the window lock feature, reached over and tried to use the passenger switch to lower it and got nothing. this morning it worked fine :doh: anyone else have this problem?