danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I cant imagine anyone wanting to delete the camera......I love that camera and it is such a useful feature when switching lanes
Sponsored

OP
OP
SuperMotoManDRZ

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe, 2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Suzuki DRZ400SM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty sure RC means right cover. Maybe a day too late tho.
I'll include screenshots.. they actually call the cover a skull cap lol.. pic below. Both mirror assemblies say R.C. sooo you can see the confusion. I was going to just go with the housing assembly (only $40), but even it shows the damn mirror bump..

Even when I switch to the base model that's not suppose to have the camera it has the same thing. Oh well, found a mint oem one without it and saved about $40 over brand new.. like I said.. I'll give an update if I can figure out the actual part number when I get the chance to install it. Just in case anyone else wants to kick it old school like me..

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger side mirror camera delete.. Screenshot_20201021-063646_Chrome

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger side mirror camera delete.. Screenshot_20201021-063828_Chrome

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger side mirror camera delete.. Screenshot_20201021-063859_Chrome

OP
OP
SuperMotoManDRZ

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going from the SI with the camera, to the Type R without, I really miss the camera for my daily work commute.
I'm sure if you had a wiring diagram that you could get one with the camera and make it work on your Type R.. now that would be an epic mod for the Type R.. wonder if anyone has done it yet.

OP
OP
SuperMotoManDRZ

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the blind spot camera delete done on my 2020 Si @danfg2 @arpypat @Phillyp17 @Vegas Viking .. looks sooo much better. I paid $150 for an oem plastic piece without the mirror bump. I think it's worth it, but some may not.

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger side mirror camera delete.. 20201026_032729

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger side mirror camera delete.. 20201026_032814

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
SuperMotoManDRZ

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still don't get why in the world anyone would wanna do this but hey, you do you.
Lol.. I hear ya man.. just a cleaner look. You wouldn't think it would change the car's looks that much, but it does. Hard to appreciate not in person.

I just feel it's the same concept as looking over your shoulder and looking at the infotainment screen. You're still taking your eye off the road and I think over the shoulder is a better view anyway. To each their own.. Maybe I'm the only 2020 Si coupe without it.. that in itself is sick imo..

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol.. I hear ya man.. just a cleaner look. You wouldn't think it would change the car's looks that much, but it does. Hard to appreciate not in person.

I just feel it's the same concept as looking over your shoulder and looking at the infotainment screen. You're still taking your eye off the road and I think over the shoulder is a better view anyway. To each their own.. Maybe I'm the only 2020 Si coupe without it.. that in itself is sick imo..
Yep, I just feel that its super helpful....there has been many times where I have looked over my shoulder and dont see anyone and then I look at the camera and there is a car there in my blindspot. I also think its less tedious to just slightly look down rather than turning all the way around.

OP
OP
SuperMotoManDRZ

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, I just feel that its super helpful....there has been many times where I have looked over my shoulder and dont see anyone and then I look at the camera and there is a car there in my blindspot. I also think its less tedious to just slightly look down rather than turning all the way around.
I feel ya man.. I'm old school though. Like the look and tend to give a middle finger to the norm.. it's unique to me now. Haven't seen anyone else do it yet.. shit! Maybe I shouldn't have put it on here lol..

OP
OP
SuperMotoManDRZ

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the shoutout! Even though this is my 1st post in this thread and I actually like the mirror camera ?
Hahaha.. yeah.. I thought maybe you liked one of the comments.. maybe I was wrong. Also wanted you to check it out.. see what you think. Looks damn good imo.

I got those floor mats btw.. I got the true black ones.. I should of got ebony or charcoal color to better match. They still look good though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger side mirror camera delete.. 20201026_111700

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger side mirror camera delete.. 20201026_112058

Last edited:

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@SuperMotoManDRZ yup, it does look good and I like the symmetry. I got really used to using my mirror cam in this car. To the point where I had a rental while my car was in the shop and I hated it for not having a side mirror camera loll.

And ya, the Ebony color Lloyd mats would've been a closer match to the OEM carpet. That's the one I got:

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger side mirror camera delete.. 20200727_193421_resized

OP
OP
SuperMotoManDRZ

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That Schwarzenegger tuuuma looks hideous to my eyes as well. I was in the same boat as you, could never really tell which part number was the cameraless version. I had planned to just reach out to a friend back in Japan to just order a driver side mirror there, but never got around to it.

Like you, old school and that feature was disabled the day I left the lot. More an annoyance and I don’t understand how people like it. I have the Suma mirrors with a much wider view as well as a full replacement cabin rear view mirror and don’t seem to have any blind spots and never even really look backwards as the view is that good.

Did you grab the part number from the interior of the housing by chance?
Man.. I tried, but there wasn't one.. I think the only way to do it is to find a wrecked one without it like I did.. I'm pretty sure they're pushing the camera version now. Wish I could help you out..

They'll only sell the whole mirror assembly though.. I paid $150 for one plastic piece, but it's worth it. I can swap it back to stock if I want as well. Not gonna lie.. it was a real mother f*cker to swap it out. Have to remove the door card etc..

Last edited:
OP
OP
SuperMotoManDRZ

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@SuperMotoManDRZ yup, it does look good and I like the symmetry. I got really used to using my mirror cam in this car. To the point where I had a rental while my car was in the shop and I hated it for not having a side mirror camera loll.

And ya, the Ebony color Lloyd mats would've been a closer match to the OEM carpet. That's the one I got:

20200727_193421_resized.jpg
Fml!!! lol.. good call.. I thought about the charcoal color.. it's all good though. They still look badass. I turned off the blind spot camera at the dealership.. tried it out a couple times from the left stalk.. didn't like it at all. Got the Suma Performance wide angle mirrors coming tomorrow. I think that and going old school over the shoulder will be sufficient enough.

OP
OP
SuperMotoManDRZ

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That Schwarzenegger tuuuma looks hideous to my eyes as well. I was in the same boat as you, could never really tell which part number was the cameraless version. I had planned to just reach out to a friend back in Japan to just order a driver side mirror there, but never got around to it.

Like you, old school and that feature was disabled the day I left the lot. More an annoyance and I don’t understand how people like it. I have the Suma mirrors with a much wider view as well as a full replacement cabin rear view mirror and don’t seem to have any blind spots and never even really look backwards as the view is that good.

Did you grab the part number from the interior of the housing by chance?
I got the Suma Performance side mirrors installed today.. such a great product! Definitely has a wider angle view and with cars behind me at night it's 1000 times better on the eyes with the blue tint. No glare at all.. great job @Suma Performance

Now I just need the center rearview blue tint mirror. The stock one is ok and actually does a pretty decent job of reducing glare, but that's probably also attributed to me being a taller guy and the angles. Definitely want to get that matching color though..

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger side mirror camera delete.. 20201027_220944

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger side mirror camera delete.. 20201027_220954