passenger side floor soaked

amarok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
hmmm so this post has got me thinking... I live in Georgia and pretty much have the ac on constantly and one of the things I've noticed about this car(going from driving my old 2005 sentra) is that I have never seen ANY water dripping from the bottom while using the ac. My old car there would be a puddle just sitting at a traffic light. This one not even a drop... so I guess my question is where the hell is it all going? I haven't noticed any of the interior getting wet and I checked today after driving home with the ac cranked and nothing...
Sponsored

bFarish87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
hmmm so this post has got me thinking... I live in Georgia and pretty much have the ac on constantly and one of the things I've noticed about this car(going from driving my old 2005 sentra) is that I have never seen ANY water dripping from the bottom while using the ac. My old car there would be a puddle just sitting at a traffic light. This one not even a drop... so I guess my question is where the hell is it all going? I haven't noticed any of the interior getting wet and I checked today after driving home with the ac cranked and nothing...
I too live in Georgia, and have noticed this same exact thing with there being NO water WHATSOEVER. The other day I noticed my floorboard on the driver side was wet! I called multiple dealers and they told me warranty does not cover if the drain is clogged or an animal bit into it etc. They told me it would be $240+ to diagnose the problem and that it would go towards the cost of repairs if it wasn't covered under warranty. I have 18500 miles on the car. Is there any way I can check to see if it is clogged myself?

ACahMak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
I too live in Georgia, and have noticed this same exact thing with there being NO water WHATSOEVER. The other day I noticed my floorboard on the driver side was wet! I called multiple dealers and they told me warranty does not cover if the drain is clogged or an animal bit into it etc. They told me it would be $240+ to diagnose the problem and that it would go towards the cost of repairs if it wasn't covered under warranty. I have 18500 miles on the car. Is there any way I can check to see if it is clogged myself?
If you look further up in thread from September, there are pics of where the drain hose is. The reaction I had from my dealer was different. I told them about the problem others were having with the factory install being incorrect initially when making the appointment. Other then saying they hadn't heard of the problem there was no mention of price of diagnosis, etc. Perhaps as word spreads they are getting a little defensive? Anyway, good luck. Let us know. Although in NJ, we've hard ours since April, and the AC ran a lot. But didn't have enough water build up to hear a slosh until end of August. We were never in the back seat to notice a wet carpet. Before the slosh, the only thing we noticed was occasional fog inside in windows. It took the dealer several extra days to dry out the floor pan, as the vacuum couldn't reach all the crevices. There was a lot of water down there! All warranty covered.

amalfavon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic ex sensing, 2006 acura tl
i too have this issue. it was a couple of months ago that i noticed the floor on the passenger side all wet. at first i thought that a plastic water bottle might have leaked so i just left the windows open just a crack hoping that it would dry up. but then last night (feb 14), my daughter told me that the floor on the passenger side was all wet. so i went to take a look and it was soaked!!
so this morning i called Honda customer service and asked if they had any issues with the passenger side leaking . and they said they were not aware (yeah right!) of this happening. anyways, i told them about civicx and this thread and they did assign me a case number. so i went to the dealer this morning and spoke to a service adviser. then i spoke to the service department director. and when he reached down to touch the wet carpet, he nodded his head and it seemed like he has seen this problem before.
i don't know how long the car will be there but i did get a rental. and as soon as i hear from them, i will post what the problem is.
BTW, its a 2016 ex with sensing. got it feb of 2016 and it has 6330 miles.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Here are some pics of the evaporator drain hose. It is straightforward to check. Tools are not needed.

This pic shows where the tube connects to the HVAC housing. This is the front passenger side. This is where I believe the tube was not connected. Note that the carpet is moulded so that it clears the drain tube. Could my size 14 shoe have knocked it loose? There is no protection provided underneath the carpet. Without touching anything, a small section of the hose can be seen.
Honda Civic 10th gen passenger side floor soaked Mzbn2h5_Rw9CSQ9SaWRL9I19hSkJru1EXI_6TosQJzq7l9vRsgrCQzfE6DJSzK8Z4l2r9AqUw85RCb5slU=w1175-h787-no

Here is the carpet partially pulled back to expose more of the tube. It was firmly and fully seated on the HVAC housing. I had said previously that I would add a worm hose clamp to ensure that it would not inadvertently disconnect. At this point, I do not know if the hose was not connected at the factory or worked its way loose. An added hose clamp will ensure the latter does not happen.
Honda Civic 10th gen passenger side floor soaked L3mqqupQ_XB_0YFDX3HMhA1FDYB4x3fvpl4hv2WxUg2pvi5NWS1xDeEPOK_PDe2owmG6PsP9Yq55piozXk=w1175-h787-no

I have owned Honda/Acuras since 1994 and I must say that this Civic has more sound insulation than anything I have seen before. It is even thicker than in the 2011 TL that I have. That extra-thick insulation make a great water absorber when the evaporator condensate leaks into the floorpan. It would be impossible to dry out. Those with failures, make sure that you insist on new carpet and insulation. One part number supplies both.

This pic depicts the path of the drain tube. Most of the Hondas that I have worked on in the past use a tube with an immediate 90 bend that exits the firewall. No more than a couple of inches inside the car. For some reason, the tube in the Civic takes a long path and exits near the screwdriver tip. It exits through a rubber grommet in the firewall/floorpan.
Honda Civic 10th gen passenger side floor soaked 3VFmhHEYNkzna9It_TYubSra-4cNgRrHkcGib8apktKtqeXK7eyhl41XVQWrQysIAUflZxRZtlWf78xkkC=w1175-h787-no

Jeff

So you put the worm clamp at the top ? Do you by chance have a picture of where you put that ? Seems like a good insurance policy that costs virtually nothing. I'll do the same.

leaat23

First Name
Lea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 10 1.5l Vtec Turbo
Country flag
Sorry to open an old thread but over the past few months I've noticed a musty/mouldy smell inside my 2019 Civic Prestige and as you can see I'm based in the UK, after many air fresheners and even an anti-bac A/C freshener things have got no better. Yesterday I set about trying to find the source of the stink, was it something I'd missed that got under the seats, nothing there but when removing the Honda rubber mats I sniffed the carpet on the passenger side and also noticed it was slightly damp to the touch. Having fitted my own audio to the car I knew how easy it was to lift the carpet, to my horror the floor pan is wet (was dry as a bone when fitting the audio around 18 months ago and the +12v supply cable was well sealed when installing )and the insulation is the stink in the car, I noticed that there have been some problems with the A/C condensate drain hose either blocking or coming off completely or simply installed wrong, I've not yet got round to having a closer look and I'd presume the R/H drive model is basically a mirror image of the LHD in the service manual on here. The car is under a 5-year extended Honda warranty and will probably get it looked at by my dealer. Seems like this car has had many problems, so far mine has had a new fuel pump (recall), auto wiper madness(warranty), a new A/C condenser (warranty claim) and now this, I'm very seriously thinking of trading it in for the new Hybrid Civic and will talk to my dealer next week about that.
Sponsored