Passenger side area rattle 55mph+

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Hello all. For the past few weeks noticed a rattle on my passenger side when driving over 55mph or so. It's a consistent rattle I checked the glove box, the pillar by the windshield (removed it completely and drove without it), I turned off the radio to see if speaker related but still happening with music off. I tried to make a video but hard to capture the actual noise on the cell phone. Did anyone ever run into something like this? Thank you.
Sponsored

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car does it, mine is the A-Pillar trim. When I touch the trim it stops. It happens to me at highway speeds.. It doesn’t happen all the time though. Could yours be wind noise being caught up in the windshield exterior rubber trim? Leaves in the wiper cowl?

OP
OP

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First attempt I actually ended up removing the A pillar to see if it was that and drove with it removed and persisted. Hard to tell if it’s coming from the door or from the dash. Will definitely check tomorrow your comment to see if any leaves are stuck. Might ask someone to drive it on the highway while I am in passenger seat to try to pinpoint. Thank you appreciate it.

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I have questioned if it can be the rubber drain tube from the power Sunroof that is rattling around in the A Pillar?

OP
OP

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was able to record the noise on the highway, due to road noise I can only hear it when I put the ear close to the speaker but it's definitely there. Is it possible this could be a bearing? Thank you.