Passenger seat vibrating

cjrcalica

Step Ahead.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Vehicle Showcase
i notice that my passenger seats vibrate (pretty hard) when i am in a full stop. It only happens when im in a full stop, and i have the EX-T btw. Any one else encounter this?
Sponsored

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i notice that my passenger seats vibrate (pretty hard) when i am in a full stop. It only happens when im in a full stop, and i have the EX-T btw. Any one else encounter this?
I remember with my old car the car would viberate pretty bad and the whole passenger seat would be shaking. It ended up being motor mounts on the engine. Maybe you have a bad motor mount? I dont know if that's even possible with a brand new car though.

Last edited:

dmcdermot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Lunar Silver Metallic
Actually I have a Touring and I noticed this the other day, not sure if seat is loose?

WOPcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I suddenly had this same issue happen this morning. I'm at around 2700 km mileage, and it was a surprise to see it happen so suddenly. The seat actually vibrates so hard that I can hear it, in my case. Wondering if anyone had gotten this fixed yet? I also have the touring.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I looked over today and noticed this at a red light for the first time. Haven't paid attention to it before, and I can't hear it. Reminds me of the complaints people had with the CR-V, but not to that extreme.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some more info, I actually didn't notice it until I heard the vibrating sound over my music that was playing from the speakers. Eventually I glanced over at the passenger seat and saw that it was shaking.

There's more info in this thread too, actually:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/drive-train-vibration.2647/
That makes sense, lower idle. Actually, I only noticed it today b/c I had the climate control completely off - and that takes my idle from 700ish to 600ish. Interesting.
Sponsored