Passenger headlights not working

MKL0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
Hi, both the low and high beams on my passenger side both aren't working. The high beam on me driver side also isn't working after replacing all 4 bulbs. I checked my fuses for all of them and the fuses are still good. Not sure what else to check some I've replaced both and the fuses are good. I did recently install a dub and amp so I'm leaning toward that's being the issue but I'm not sure why it's only messing with the passenger side. My running lights work on both sides too.
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi, both the low and high beams on my passenger side both aren't working. The high beam on me driver side also isn't working after replacing all 4 bulbs. I checked my fuses for all of them and the fuses are still good. Not sure what else to check some I've replaced both and the fuses are good. I did recently install a dub and amp so I'm leaning toward that's being the issue but I'm not sure why it's only messing with the passenger side. My running lights work on both sides too.
Did you check all 6 fuses?

Under hood:

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger headlights not working 1600645409398

Under dash:

Honda Civic 10th gen Passenger headlights not working 1600645443765

OP
OP

MKL0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
I double checked all the fuses and everything was good. I forgot to mention that it's a 2018 Honda Civic EX. Both turn signs work and the running lights so I'm kind of out of guesses. Seems weird it would only happen with 3 out of the 4 lights and not be a fuse problem, but all of them were fine

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I double checked all the fuses and everything was good. I forgot to mention that it's a 2018 Honda Civic EX. Both turn signs work and the running lights so I'm kind of out of guesses. Seems weird it would only happen with 3 out of the 4 lights and not be a fuse problem, but all of them were fine
And you tested the bulbs? Maybe the high beams were already out, but you didn't realize it until the low beam went out?

OP
OP

MKL0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
I haven't tested them but all 4 are brand spanking new. Like I got them today and installed them new. I unplugged the amp connections to see if that would make a difference but the lights still didn't come on.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
How do the wiring harnesses look? There have been reports of the soy based wiring insulation attracting rodents.

OP
OP

MKL0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
Harnesses looked and felt intact. I followed them as far as it would let me go. I'm thinking that the amp powering the sub is the main reason but just found it weird that 3 of 4 lights weren't working and the autos weren't affected. Even when turning on the high beams the passenger side didn't turn on.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Did the lights work right before you replace all 4 bulbs? If the lights died immediately after you put in the new bulbs, then most likely you didn't seat the bulbs correctly inside the housing. I remember it was tricky to replace the halogen bulbs in my Prelude. If you have an ohm meter, then unplug the harness but leave the bulbs in the housing and probe the two contacts in the housing see if there's resistance. Normal resistance for a bulb is very low I think around 10 ohms. If resistance is infinite, then either the bulb blown or it wasn't seated correctly.

RhoDenFK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Did you ever find the fix to this? Running into the same issue now.
Sponsored