Parts ordered, car isn't even built yet.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, I'm that guy. Fortunately my build date is tomorrow through 6/14 so it should be on a boat relatively soon. But, having read about a hundred threads on here, I feel I have a good path chosen.

Today I ordered:
USR Turbo Blanket
Gold foil wrap

As soon as RV6 releases their catted DP, I'll pre-order it with ceramic coating if available.

My thought process is - I have to take the DP off for the blanket install and I'd rather just do all that at one time, plus wrap the intake pipe (anything else I should wrap at that point?)

Beyond that, my planned order is, pending funds availability:
K&N Drop-in
KTuner
FMIC (waiting on Mishi results/availability)

I have both KTuner and RV6 parts on my SH-AWD 6 MT TL and love both. A friend of a friend owns a mustang dyno so hopefully I can get on that stock and then after mods, then to tune. Will wait on an intake as I think we'll see more choices and, potentially, lower prices and I just don't feel like intake or exhaust are gamechangers on this platform.

I'm tagging @TexasR here as I believe he posted something very similar so wanted him to see my thought process, in case it helps him. From what I can figure, 350 whp is plenty in this car (I've overmodded before and am dead set on not doing that in the CTR), should be safe, and so long as I can keep temps as under control as possible and choose high-quality, proven parts, it should work out well.

And yes, I am extremely bored, just waiting for my car to arrive :)

Thanks for any thoughts,
Todd
Sponsored

TexasR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 13 427 C6, 03 C5 Vert
Thanks for the tag Todd. These are the things Iā€™m looking for.

OP
OP
toddrhodes

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Donā€™t forget the dog bone engine mount. This will reduce the wheel hop a bit more.
That's fair. Waiting for feedback on more of the mounts as I kind of want a Goldilocks mount in the sense that limiting wheelhop is a priority but I have had mounts that I regretted so I don't want too extreme a mount.

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Lol.. wish I could buy parts like you before my car arrived, itā€™s also good to plan ahead also, are you planning to do tint or ceramic coating?

OP
OP
toddrhodes

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol.. wish I could buy parts like you before my car arrived, itā€™s also good to plan ahead also, are you planning to do tint or ceramic coating?
Tint, possibly - where I live never gets super hot and I'm not sure I am in love with dark tint on blue. On just about any other color, I'd probably be more inclined.

Ceramic coat - if I do that, I'll do it myself. But, the thing is? I love cleaning and waxing our cars. If I do ceramic, I lose the opportunity to really detail and clean. Some may think I'm crazy, but I kind of don't want to give that up. And since ceramic won't prevent chips and I'm not going to do PPF, so at this point if anything major happens, that part will get repainted well down the line. I had to do that to my TL so it's something I'm willing to take a chance on.

I already have wheels that will fit on my TL so it'll get 20" OZ Ultra HLTs in gunmetal with PS4S tires the day it comes home and the CTR wheels will sit on my TL which will be a winter car, primarily. CTR wheels won't be on during winter, I have dedicated rims and snows for that crap :)

OP
OP
toddrhodes

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I should mention too - I waffle a lot with this kind of stuff so getting a plan together and actually ordering some things kinda sets me on that plan and I can stop debating in my head what to do. I'm weird, and I know this, but I suppose that's better than pretending I'm not somewhat neurotic ;)

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I should mention too - I waffle a lot with this kind of stuff so getting a plan together and actually ordering some things kinda sets me on that plan and I can stop debating in my head what to do. I'm weird, and I know this, but I suppose that's better than pretending I'm not somewhat neurotic ;)
:bow:

OP
OP
toddrhodes

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Productive day today, got the K&N filter on sale and the Cusco rear mount from Rakuten for a deal too good to pass up. Just waiting on RV6 to put their catted DP up for sale and I'll be done until fmic/tune.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
You should see if you can ship the parts to England and have them put them on for you in the factory and save you the trouble:rofl:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Productive day today, got the K&N filter on sale and the Cusco rear mount from Rakuten for a deal too good to pass up. Just waiting on RV6 to put their catted DP up for sale and I'll be done until fmic/tune.
Should get the Eventuri Intake or wait for PRL to finish their CAI
Sponsored