Parts for Si and Type-R now on Honda eStore

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
Good luck trying to get an adaptive suspension in there. would be awesome if you could.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Based on the parts listed, does anyone know how much it would cost to build a Type R motor to drop in your Civic?

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
Based on the parts listed, does anyone know how much it would cost to build a Type R motor to drop in your Civic?
I literally had the same thought when this was posted. I'm thinking it'll be at least 10g's for the parts, some of the pieces are 3-4 grand individually. probably not worth it, unless you have a lot of time and money, right?

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I think you're better off trading in your car for a CTR, value wise. Think what makes the Ctr special doesn't have a lot to do with the engine and more about the whole package.

If you must do a swap, it'd be entertaining to do that with an older Honda ef, eg, ek or whatever. Even then, I see no reason why the current ctr engine would be significantly better than a boosted B series.

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Mmmmm, red seat belts. :drool: Looks like $200 (online price) to get the front pair. Another $100 for the rear seats - though on non-Rs you'd still have the center black one.

The aluminum hood isn't a bad cost at $360... but then add another $230 for the scoop and drain duct. And then paint. :(
Would be awesome though. A good place to save ~12lbs and keep the turbo engine bay a bit cooler, while staying OEM.

Senor Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Crv ex, 2017 civic Hatchback lx
Just wait a few months and buy a write off that you could pick parts off. And sell the parts you don't want ( if any,lol). That why I bought my Lx. Lightest of the bunch, and as soon as I can get my hands on a write off...... well you can imagine. But for now those type R prices are just crazy. Wait and you'll start to see them.show up at auctions all banged up.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
Mmmmm, red seat belts. :drool: Looks like $200 (online price) to get the front pair. Another $100 for the rear seats - though on non-Rs you'd still have the center black one.

The aluminum hood isn't a bad cost at $360... but then add another $230 for the scoop and drain duct. And then paint. :(
Would be awesome though. A good place to save ~12lbs and keep the turbo engine bay a bit cooler, while staying OEM.
Just FYI those red seatbelt are available in auto upholstery shop for less than $100

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just FYI those red seatbelt are available in auto upholstery shop for less than $100
Sweet. That's an aesthetic mod I've had in the back of my head for a while now although I can't decide if red is too much (rather than black with red stitching)

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet. That's an aesthetic mod I've had in the back of my head for a while now although I can't decide if red is too much (rather than black with red stitching)
Although these harnesses I consider put in my car is also available in red, I decided to go with blue

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
It's such a serious safety piece that I personally am not going to literally trust my life and those of my occupants to some guy at a local place to get it right. To pay an extra hundred or so for a factory-made perfect quality OEM piece is worth every penny to me in this situation. (Even more so as these would be a gift for my brother.)

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's such a serious safety piece that I personally am not going to literally trust my life and those of my occupants to some guy at a local place to get it right. To pay an extra hundred or so for a factory-made perfect quality OEM piece is worth every penny to me in this situation. (Even more so as these would be a gift for my brother.)
So now we are talking safety, I think my cage + harness will work better than those seat belt come with the car;)

Holtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
type r shift knob part number?
Sponsored