Part Throttle Knock Count HONDATA FLASHPRO

brandonckc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5 Turbo CVT
Country flag
I have a 2016 base civic 1.5T CVT with a hondata flashpro, and just last week custom tuned running at 21psi boost on RON97 fuel. After the tune i've noticed i have these knock count numbers showing on the hondata app version 1.5 for in car screen. Flashpro manager has been updated to (V.3.4.2) at the time of tuning.

Before this, i would get 0 knock count on 19.5psi tuned.
Not sure whether is flashpro manager version(V.3.0.6) i used previously, have some sort of bug and wouldn't show any knock count. However, my knock control stay around 54.69% with normal drive and up to 66% if i did a WOT pull.
I would get around 10-20 of knock counts in a 30minutes stop and go traffic drive. No WOT, RPM mostly stay below 2000rpm. And also most of the count are in cylinder 3.
At times i will get 0 knock count on the same distance same pattern of drive and times i would get around 10 knock count.
It happens randomly. This morning i took a highway drive road trip, with mostly speed below 110km/h and below 2000rpm. Here is what i get after 2 hours of drive:

kcount 1 = 2
kcount 2 = 5
kcount 3 = 14
kcount 4 = 0

I've tried few different brand of RON97 fuel and the knock counts showed are random. I also tried driving with ECON mode all the way but still the same, randomly a few knock count and sometime 0 knock count. Knock control stay steadily at 54.69%.
Should i be worried on these knock counts?
Appreciate if anyone could help.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You can relax. Knock count on our cars tends to be useless. Those numbers basically don't even represent real knock. You can completely disregard that number unless it's astronomically high.

JR (founder and engineer at KTuner) had this to say responding to a member who showed a knock count of 70 on a datalog:
Knock count is a value used by tuners when analyzing data. A relatively small number over a period of time does not represent an issue. A high count in a fairly short period of time may represent a possible issue

Hundreds in a very short period while driving may be indicative of an issue. 70 over some period of time is not.
Vitviper (master tuner) had this to say:
The Knock Count value on this ECU is worthless. It doesn't track actual knock -- I've induced audible knock on our test vehicle and knock count stayed at 0. Yet at other times it would go up while shifting the vehicle.
K. Control is what you should pay attention to. Your K. Control numbers look absolutely fine.

Last edited:

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Knock count register misfires very acuratelly, maybe other related events but not actual knock. Knock is monitored and alters knock control, its normal to see it climb sometimes when hammering the throttle.

OP
OP

brandonckc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5 Turbo CVT
Country flag
Thanks. I just felt it strange to have 0 knock count on pervious tune and suddenly with the new tune now i'm getting all these knock counts.
Maybe is just the old flashpro version have bug.
Sponsored

Last edited: