First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Leaving for basic next month, and will be in A school for the next two years, so I’m thinking about trading in my civic. Would anyone be interested if I parted it out?
2018 Hatchback Sport
-Godspeed Mono SS coilovers
-Niche Misano 19x8.5 +35 rims
-Ktuner v2
-I have a straight pipe I could trade for stock exhaust
-Torque Solutions BOV plate
-AeroSpec Racing Carbon fiber emblems

Honda Civic 10th gen Part out? 75FEB4CD-6CFF-411F-90E6-2DB84A00F3C9
Sponsored

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Keep it if you can afford it, sold m vehicle before basic 21 years ago and regretted it... If your dead set on getting rid of it and pocketing money for the next few months - realistically you will get driving privileges in the next 4-6 months, then go for it and part it out to stock, but know your probably better off selling it to someone interested as it is.

SUL73NAZ

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Yeah I would keep it. Unless you are tired of it and want to upgrade to another platform. If you are happy with it and it isn't a financial burden it would be worthwhile to keep. Just depends on if you are still happy with the vehicle or not. The big depreciation hit happens as soon as you drive off the lot. Vehicles generally hold their value the most after being a couple years old. So trading in sooner rather than later would be a good time to do it if you are dead set on getting rid of it. Choice is up to you!

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd say keep the car if you like it. However, you'll have to figure out if someone can watch/care for your car while you're gone, and when you'll be able to get you car back in your hands.

Just my experience with it. Got my 2002 civic in September '02, left for basic November '03, graduated basic in late January '04, started navy nuke MM A-school (Charleston, SC) February '04, and was finally able to bring my car back with me mid-late May '04 before I started my 6-month nuclear power school (also in Charleston, SC). I just recently got rid of that car in October '17 when a head gasket job went south.

See if you can reach out to anyone that's recently gone through whatever program you signed up for to see what the liberty policy during A-school is and whether or not you can justify not having the car for [x] amount of time or if it would just be more worth it to get rid of the car and get something else when you can. I had my dad watch/care for my car for the 6 months I couldn't have my car, and somehow he managed to put 18k on it.

In any case, best of luck!
Sponsored