Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi All,

When I get in my 2016 Touring and put on Pandora without the CarPlay connected [only Bluetooth], I actually get the Pandora screen come up but no sound.

It actually looks like Pandora is playing if you look at the screen, but no sound! I've already had the software update done for the audio and head unit, but this is weird! Everything else works fine and when I do connect via CarPlay, Pandora works great [unless I occasionally get the cannot connect to phone] message.

By the way, I have an Apple IPhone 7 with all software updated. Does anyone else have this issue?
I would like to be able to connect to Pandora without connecting my phone all of the time.
Is there a setting that I need to change?

Thanks!

Mitch
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
do you have a usb plugged in inside the center console?
if so unplug it

OP
OP
hondamitch51

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, I do have a USB plugged into the front port where I normally plug my phone in for charging and CarPlay, but not in the center console.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
No, I do have a USB plugged into the front port where I normally plug my phone in for charging and CarPlay, but not in the center console.
oh, well then i don't know. there's a bug that pandora bt doesn't work without a usb plugged in into the center console one.

branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing
Country flag
I have had this issue. It turned out that the volume on my phone was not turned up. I turned the phone volume all the way up and Pandora played through the stereo.

OP
OP
hondamitch51

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have had this issue. It turned out that the volume on my phone was not turned up. I turned the phone volume all the way up and Pandora played through the stereo.
Thanks! Did you then also find that when you received a phone call in the car it was too loud?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
do you have a usb plugged in inside the center console?
if so unplug it
Mind boggling. This must be a problem in the "Pandora" support in the radio. I'd wonder if Honda about htis problem, but it probably doesn't matter because I'm certain they don't care about it.

Two biggest disappointments with our Civic X: the crap "ran sensing" (that's a laugh) wipers and the CRAP infotainment. It's better, in some ways, than what we had in our '12 FoFo My Ford Touch (crashes a lot less) but worse, even than our '07 CR-V, in others. Very pathetic. Somebody at Honda is probably ashamed. They are probably pretty low on the pay scale.
Sponsored