Pandora Radio displays no album artwork.

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi All,

When I'm using Apple Carplay and have my IPhone 6S connected via USB to the system and using Pandora Radio I don't get any album artwork on the screen. Is this normal? All I see is the artist, name of the song, and the timer countdown to the end of the song. It sounds great but no artwork.
Sometimes, I think there is a faint cloudy outline or background picture of something on the screen, but I don't think it's the artwork. Is this normal?
I've already had the audio software update done.
Thanks!
Mitch
Sponsored

SmokeySiFy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Yeah, the CarPlay Pandora doesn't show album art, yet the Bluetooth does. You can use the Bluetooth Pandora even when plugged into the car. I don't get why the Bluetooth one shows album art since the 2013 civic said Bluetooth didn't have enough bandwidth to show art and play music. Perhaps this is why Bluetooth stutters on the 2016.

Edit: I was using CarPlay today and noticed it does show album artwork on Pandora but it is blurred behind the name of the song. It also doesn't always let you change the station. I personally much prefer the Bluetooth Pandora interface.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hondamitch51

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, the CarPlay Pandora doesn't show album art, yet the Bluetooth does. You can use the Bluetooth Pandora even when plugged into the car. I don't get why the Bluetooth one shows album art since the 2013 civic said Bluetooth didn't have enough bandwidth to show art and play music. Perhaps this is why Bluetooth stutters on the 2016.

Edit: I was using CarPlay today and noticed it does show album artwork on Pandora but it is blurred behind the name of the song. It also doesn't always let you change the station. I personally much prefer the Bluetooth Pandora interface.
Yes SmokeSiFy, exactly what I find! I haven't tried the Bluetooth Pandora yet because I'm usually plugged into Carplay and this way my phone stays charged as well. But yes, there is a blurred album art or something going on picture wise behind the artist and song name. I agree, you would have thought that you would be able to see the album art clearly with the USB connection! Oh well, at least the music is good!
Thanks again nfor your reply and help!
Mitch

OP
OP
hondamitch51

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

By the way, how can you use Bluetooth Pandora when plugged in with USB?