Pandora app has no audio, stream goes to bluetooth

E39_EmFive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I understand this topic has been covered in numerous threads and trust me, I follow them closely. But it seems they have all died and I still can't seem to find an answer to this. Once again, let me reiterate the symptom:

Pandora app on my phone goes into accessory mode as Pandora app is loaded on the car. No audio is heard from car although song is obviously playing as stated by the song timer. Switch over to bluetooth audio and proceed to hear audio that was intended for Pandora... Anyone else experiencing this? Any known solutions yet?
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Yes, I believe this affects all Android phones. The service manager at my dealer showed me that it works fine with his iPhone, so it seems to be an issue with the Android port of the Pandora app. Let Pandora know that it is broken:
https://www.pandora.com/contact

OP
OP

E39_EmFive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yea I read that too, I just find it strange how it was actually working at one point upon receipt of the car.

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Yea I read that too, I just find it strange how it was actually working at one point upon receipt of the car.
The app has updated several times since I've had my car. I suppose you could search for older versions and side load them to see if an older version works correctly.

OP
OP

E39_EmFive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Must be the shitty infotainment then, cause mine hasn't changed a single version. Can't wait till they push out an update..

MaximusMushu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I notice that I have the no sound issue when I start my car with the USB drive plugged in. Once I unplug the USB drive and restart my car, Pandora App on the car works fine.

Hopefully they'll fix the issue soon without this workaround.

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I notice that I have the no sound issue when I start my car with the USB drive plugged in. Once I unplug the USB drive and restart my car, Pandora App on the car works fine.

Hopefully they'll fix the issue soon without this workaround.
Nice find! Thanks so much for sharing!

4DBox

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silver EXT, 2018 Volt
Country flag
Nice find! Thanks so much for sharing!
I second that! I read this thread today and after pulling my USB drive Pandora is working for the first time since I got my EXT. Now it's 100%. I love this Civic community!

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Pretty unlikely. It only affects Android, not iPhones. When I showed it to my dealer, the service rep tested with his iPhone, and seriously told me to just get an iPhone.
Sponsored