Pairing with a Bluetooth Transmitter

kcne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX
Country flag
I have a legacy (old) Sirius Starmate radio that I want to connect in my Civic EX. Built in connectivity on the Sirius dock is by Aux cable (no longer offered in Civic) or FM transmitter (weak signal and requires changing stations on on long drives). This is a radio with lifetime subscription (it's that old!) that I move from car-to-car, so I want to be able to use it in my civic.

I purchased a TaoTronics Bluetooth transmitter (TT-BA07) to convert aux jack signal to bluetooth, but have had no luck pairing with the Civic. Has anyone had any luck with similar bluetooth transmitters?
Sponsored

OP
OP

kcne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX
Country flag
Returned the TT-BA07 and replaced it with the TaoTronics TT-BA01U

The civic was able to detect the TT-BA01U and after several attempts was able to pair. I can now connect legacy electronics, including my Sirius Starmate, via their headphone or auxiliary jack to my civic via bluetooth.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Cool, I may add one of these just so my passengers can just plug their phones in to play music in my car instead of having to stop the car and do Bluetooth pairing.

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Returned the TT-BA07 and replaced it with the TaoTronics TT-BA01U

The civic was able to detect the TT-BA01U and after several attempts was able to pair. I can now connect legacy electronics, including my Sirius Starmate, via their headphone or auxiliary jack to my civic via bluetooth.

If paired, does this device enable you to connect an Aux cable into it to listen to your music? Could I setup bluetooth and then connect my phone to it via an Aux cable?

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Sorry to wake up an old thread, to whomever indicated that the TT-BA01 transmitter worked and paired with the civic - did you get reliable operation and does it still readily pair?
I have a '16 civic, and have been using an FM transmitter with my Sirius dock cradle, it's not sounding nice, can't eliminate the static

Wikont6

First Name
Wik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar pace20
Country flag
I've bought a transmitter for my civic. Works perfectly. I actually didn't think that I could have some problems with the sound listening to music in my car, however it happened. I'm not that smart when it comes to different devices, however I managed to discover an article on ladi6.com describing all reliable qualitative bluetooth transmitters and it even provides a guide for those who don't understand anything in this as well as I do. I've bought The TaoTronics TT-BA09 and it's perfect option for me.

Last edited:

GiggleFactory

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I've bought a transmitter for my civic. Works perfectly. I actually didn't think that I could have some problems with the sound listening to music in my car, however it happened. I'm not that smart when it comes to different devices, however I managed to discover an article on ladi6.com describing all reliable qualitative bluetooth transmitters and it even provides a guide for those who don't understand anything in this as well as I do. I've bought The TaoTronics TT-BA09 and it's perfect option for me.
Bought this same one and it doesn't work on my 16 touring. Rip
Sponsored