Painting/Customizing my stock wheels...advice?

cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I have the same wheels as the car shown below but they are all black. I like these wheels on this sedan. I like how you can see the five stars within the design. I don't know if they were machined with a lathe or what not, but I want my rims to look like these. I'm pretty sure there's a wheel shop that can help me with it but how much do you think it would cost? And what do you guys think of the five spokes being painted white???

Honda Civic 10th gen Painting/Customizing my stock wheels...advice? 1599274358734
Sponsored

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have the same wheels as the car shown below but they are all black. I like these wheels on this sedan. I like how you can see the five stars within the design. I don't know if they were machined with a lathe or what not, but I want my rims to look like these. I'm pretty sure there's a wheel shop that can help me with it but how much do you think it would cost? And what do you guys think of the five spokes being painted white???

1599274358734.png
From what I know the shiny metallic sections are machined on both versions.
Difference between the all-black, and these is just the paint.
Clear coat (transparent, or tinted clear coat?) is then applied to the entire wheel.

You can either get the machined sections repainted, or have the paint sanded off.
Then have clear coat re-applied.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
that looks like a camry wheel lol
Try plasti dip, different colors, easy to remove and customize and doesn't cost bunch.

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have seen some chrome delete overlay to blackout the wheels. Not sure if there is any Silver overlay. Might want to explore?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Second the suggestion for plasti-dip. Easy-ish to do and can be removed if you change your mind.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
There are professional alloy wheel repair companies that will customize your wheels for you. They strip them down to bare metal, make repairs, powder-coat and paint to your specification.

Only catch is that it’s super expensive. like 150$ per wheel. Is that worth it on stock wheels that people sell for like 400$ all the time here? I guess it depends on how much you like the stock wheels.

I think you should offer a trade with a hatchback owner with those machined spoke wheels. People are willing to pay good money for those new black Si wheels right now.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can also try superwrap.com
Its like plasti-dip like others mentioned.
But it's vinyl, that's also removable

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I would straight up trade you but you are in the US. I feel the opposite. I would prefer all black. Especially since they will soon be my winter rims.

OP
OP
cboisits

cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
That Superwrap looks interesting. Might have to purchase some of that and experiment. Thanks! And that would have been an awesome clean trade Hats and Hoodies!
Sponsored