Sofa King

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L hatch
Country flag
This is on a 2022 Civic Sport Hatch, but apparently I don't have posting privileges on the XI forum.
I've been asked to help paint brake calipers. VHT paint has been selected. First off, has anyone done this without disassembling the brakes, just masking everything off? Planning on the calipers and mount. If the consensus is take them apart for a decent outcome, does anyone have the torque specs for front and rear? Anything special I need to know, like any torque to yield fasteners that need to be replaced? I'm assuming the brakes are the same, or close, to a tenth gen Civic, unless someone enlightens me. It seems Haynes doesn't have manuals for newer vehicles, does anyone do manuals anymore? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sand them real good. Paint will chip off if not

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sand them real good. Paint will chip off if not
Don't need to sand them,i wouldn't sand them too much at all because you're removing the zinc plating .Clean them very well first use a iron remover, brush and a wash ,afterwards clean with brake cleaner .
Calipers are almost always zinc plated .There are primers that hold very well onto zinc plating.
I've used zinc primer and top coated it with color in the past before.It latest 16years on my old civic.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used the vht primer, red, and clear. It’s chipping off. My paint guy said yesterday I needed an “etcher” first to actually stick. I’m not repainting them since I got the caliper covers on tho.

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
i used the G2 caliper paint kit.. followed all instructions and not even a month later I am having some chipping on the rear calipers.. looking for something to touch them up rather than buying an entire new kit and doing them again....can anyone suggest a touch up paint that will work for small chips?
Sponsored