fk8-24179

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic SI; 2019 CTR
Country flag
If you have the tenth gen hatch, make sure you find a reliable tint shop. I went to this guy who was recommended by the dealership and he ended up scratching the paint all around the interior plastic panels where he went to pry them off to access the hatch window.

He claims that he's done dozens of hatches and this is the "first time" that this has happened.

Anyone have this experience? See the attached images.
Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Scratches from Tinting? IMG_7036
Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Scratches from Tinting? IMG_7041
Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Scratches from Tinting? IMG_7044

typeaarrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typeaarrr
Country flag
Is the guy going to pay for the damages?

Looks like your tint guy used a metal screwdriver to remove the plastic trim pieces. He should have used a plastic pry tool.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Wow that is horrible. He did not use plastic pry tools, I can guarantee that. He should pay for the damages or give you free tint..

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
If you have the tenth gen hatch, make sure you find a reliable tint shop. I went to this guy who was recommended by the dealership and he ended up scratching the paint all around the interior plastic panels where he went to pry them off to access the hatch window.

He claims that he's done dozens of hatches and this is the "first time" that this has happened.

Anyone have this experience? See the attached images.
IMG_7036.jpeg
IMG_7041.jpeg
IMG_7044.jpeg
I think you should get a lawyer and get a new car, then put these guys out of business!!! no reason they are running a legit outfit and not know to put plastic on painted parts!!!

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
:mad: Someone didn't know what they're doing...you don't need a tool at all to remove those panels. The main part, yes, but not against the paint at all.
I would certainly demand at least a partial refund for the tint if you've already paid for it.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Yikes! I guess I don't understand what prying off that piece has to do with accessing the hatch window. I would fuming personally hah, sounds like you're handling it well

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
:mad: Someone didn't know what they're doing...you don't need a tool at all to remove those panels. The main part, yes, but not against the paint at all.
I would certainly demand at least a partial refund for the tint if you've already paid for it.
Partial? more like an entire refund and then some, what an idiot!

okaida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R-26048, 2016 VW Golf R
Country flag
Your post prompted me to check my car as I recently got the windows tinted and didn't inspect that area. I'm happy to report I didn't suffer any damages, guess my guy wasn't an idiot. Glad to hear he's taking responsibility and fixing the damge.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
This is what happens when you don't use proper plastic trim removal tools. Looks like he used a screwdriver as you can see small indentations in the plastic. Your installer was a hack.
Sponsored