Paint rear vent trim?

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
I think painting the "bridge" does make it look better/cleaner. The paint on the vent trim doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
Sponsored

ayayron212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1.5 civic sport
Country flag
Painted the fake vent trim and the "bridge" between them to minimize the huge holes in the back of the car and accept smaller ones. I think the outcome is proof of concept. Your thoughts?

IMG_20190916_143928477.jpeg

IMG_20190916_143920290.jpeg
i really like this look! , I actually think it it makes the back end more fuller! I have rallye red sport and I am seriously considering this :D . how did you get the colour match so well? I wish I was good on photo shop so I could see a red version. great work well done :)

ayayron212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1.5 civic sport
Country flag
could someone do a front face image with the black trim around the vents painted also? and maybe the hood brow painting in white too? would be interesting to see how it would look.

OP
OP
D-kid

D-kid

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring hatchback
Country flag
i really like this look! , I actually think it it makes the back end more fuller! I have rallye red sport and I am seriously considering this :D . how did you get the colour match so well? I wish I was good on photo shop so I could see a red version. great work well done :)
I took it to a body shop to have this done. $400.

Jazzman0718

First Name
Fitz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Painted the fake vent trim and the "bridge" between them to minimize the huge holes in the back of the car and accept smaller ones. I think the outcome is proof of concept. Your thoughts?

IMG_20190916_143928477.jpeg

IMG_20190916_143920290.jpeg
I think it's cool the way the reflectors stand out now.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Funny, I just did this yesterday. I was going to make a new thread, but eh, this threat will work! Good bye fake rear vents.

The process involved a dremel with cutting wheels and sander bits, some sheet metal, and a small amount of silver wrap (which I had left over from my spoiler). A couple hours well spent if you ask me. Excuse the dirt --she needs a wash.

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint rear vent trim? rearleft

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint rear vent trim? rear

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint rear vent trim? rear2

OP
OP
D-kid

D-kid

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring hatchback
Country flag
Funny, I just did this yesterday. I was going to make a new thread, but eh, this threat will work! Good bye fake rear vents.

The process involved a dremel with cutting wheels and sander bits, some sheet metal, and a small amount of silver wrap (which I had left over from my spoiler). A couple hours well spent if you ask me. Excuse the dirt --she needs a wash.

rearleft.jpg

rear.jpg

rear2.jpg
Looks totally pro.