F20C1A

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Clarity Touring and 2021 Civic Type R SGP
Country flag
I recommend total image window tinting in Chattanooga. They did Xpel Ceramic tint on my CTR and Ceramic Pro coating. Both products were of great quality. They do Xpel branded PPF, which i hear is pretty great. I deeply regret not doing it immediately. I already have 10-15 paint chips and I’m not even to 6000 miles yet.
May I ask what they charged you for the ceramic coating.
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
May I ask what they charged you for the ceramic coating.
I think I paid $400 for the tint and $800 for the coating. That was a year ago and the thing still beads water like crazy.

OP
OP
F20C1A

F20C1A

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Clarity Touring and 2021 Civic Type R SGP
Country flag
I think I paid $400 for the tint and $800 for the coating. That was a year ago and the thing still beads water like crazy.
Thanks, I will check that out. Sounds like a low price?

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Thanks, I will check that out. Sounds like a low price?
Seemed reasonable to me. They had the car for a week, so it must have been pretty labor intensive. They treated the car well. No joy riding or anything.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's somewhat astonishing, at this point, to consider how extremely hard and durable paint isn't an option from OEMs. Why isn't this a thing? If I'm going to pay $5K for aftermarket PPF, wouldn't the OEM rather have that money? Tack it on to my loan. At least offer PPF from the factory, NOT relying on the dealer to "install" it.

*Steps off soapbox*

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I did full front (hood, fenders, bumper), back of mirrors, rear fender flares, rocker panels/sides up to body line on door, and door handle cups + several layers of ceramic. What my detail guy calls the "track package" plus a few extras cuz I was paying in cash.

Pricey but no regrets. But I would only do this if you plan to keep the car a LONG time. It honestly doesn't add much value when you go to sell, so if ownership is <5-7 years, skip it.

Anyone that says keeping the paint perfect on a car you're gonna sell in 3 years is worth the hassle doesn't know what they're talking about. Most people aren't anal enough to notice little imperfections on a car that new. Even if they do, the bump down in price is not = to what you pay in PPF.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Something I would warn you on is many installers wipe down the surfaces with either alcohol or 3M Industrial Adhesive Remover to prep them for PPF. The black plastic used in the grille on our cars has a finish that melts from these chemicals. I believe the installer splashed a few drops of a liquid on my grille and put the film over it. Things looked perfect when they were done. But after a day or two, the black finish disintegrated in a few spots and created what looked like bubbles in the film. When they peeled the film back, the grille's black finish was stuck to the film. They took no responsibility and tried to blame it on a manufacturer's defect.

I had a body shop replace my grille, and we tested the theory by putting isopropyl alcohol on the old grille. The finish instantly became dull and faded. The thing is, if you then put the PPF over the damaged finish, it hides the damage so most customers won't ever know it happened.

Last edited:

Deinelh

First Name
Denial
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've had PPF on my last two CTRs, and I wouldn't go without it. The peace of mind is worth every penny. My first CTR got pelted with rocks on a road trip, and the PPF took all the abuse. The paint underneath was still perfect when I sold it. Go for a high-quality film and a reputable installer, and you won't regret it.
Sponsored

Last edited: