Paint peeling from the seam on 2016 civic ex-t rear bumper cover

OP
OP

bdp1174

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
wait? so the bumper was already repainted when you took those pics?
first pic of the peeling is before
all the others are after.
Which were taken today 4 days after getting it back.
The hairline spider crack in the same spot as the peeling was not there on friday.
And I did not see the scuffs and scratches until I really looked it over good today.
This car was taken to the service department and over to their certified honda bodyshop and looks like this.Car has not been driven since picked up on Friday.
Here is pic of another paint flaw.

What would you do in this situation? I am bringing it in to them in the morning.
Honda Civic 10th gen Paint peeling from the seam on 2016 civic ex-t rear bumper cover 32733694544_4ebe2d5a7a_h
Sponsored

Last edited:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
first pic of the peeling is before
all the others are after.
Which were taken today 4 days after getting it back.
The hairline spider crack in the same spot as the peeling was not there on friday.
And I did not see the scuffs and scratches until I really looked it over good today.
This car was taken to the service department and over to their certified honda bodyshop and looks like this.Car has not been driven since picked up on Friday.
Here is pic of another paint flaw.

What would you do in this situation? I am bringing it in to them in the morning.
Honda Civic 10th gen Paint peeling from the seam on 2016 civic ex-t rear bumper cover 32733694544_4ebe2d5a7a_h
Yeah if it was like that after it was repainted, i would take it back. looks like they may have tried to do a final buff before delivery and they may have caused the scratches. the crack may have come from someone pressing up on it (most likely no flex additive was added or incorrect mixture added to the paint). most likely though it still falls onto the bodyshop. bad prep, paint and finish.

you can still claim that under warranty. my honda bodyshop has a 1 year warranty on all their paint jobs.

Kasai808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I have the same paint peel along the body seam by the left headlight. I am sure it is due to the close proximity of the two body panels close to each other and rubbing together caused by flex when going over uneven roads. Sorry for the bad pic, had to zoom in on an existing pic.

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint peeling from the seam on 2016 civic ex-t rear bumper cover Enlight2

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
I am sure it is due to the close proximity of the two body panels close to each other and rubbing together caused by flex when going over uneven roads.

Enlight2.jpg
Absolutely.
I have the same issue with my EX-T, although here in Canada its not covered by the warranty...at least thats what 2 dealers told me.

Kasai808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I showed mine to my dealer once I first saw it. It showed up about 2 months after buying, but has not progressed any worse in the last year and half. My dealer said if it gets worse, they would cover it under warranty and in the meantime, gave me two paint pens to use if I wanted. I just pushed the peeled part back into the seam with a credit card, and it can't be seen.
Sponsored