Paint Imperfections

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
The paint quality on these cars is terrible. I have a spot on the fender where they sprayed over some foam that wasn't taken off. Thankfully its right at the fender insert so it's not noticeable.
Sponsored

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
What the hell was going on at the Swindon plant? It’s like Tesla was building the Civic hatch for Honda. I have to imagine the quality control will be much better on next gen hatchbacks.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Exactly why I didn't let the dealer touch my car outside of removing the shipping pucks. Car sat at the port for a long time, had bird shit all over it, and I still told them not to touch anything.

Peeled the protective wraps myself, detailed, and paint was excellent. Few small scratches (assuming from being at the port so long) were removed by my detail guy.

Seems some hack tried to correct a fuck up on yours. Make them pay to correct it at a body shop of your choice.

But I do agree that the QC from the factory on this car is embarrassingly bad. I had a washer just fall into the tray from the engine bay when installing my catback. Half the side skirt clips were also either not clipper in or improperly mated, some almost to the point of snapping.

OP
OP
evlsmurf

evlsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Impreza Sport
Country flag
Sorry for the delay in responding. So, they were able to get the circles out in the hood, but there are some scratches they did not seem to try to get out. I'm just going to try to work on them with a buddy. They fixed a couple other spots. However, the smudge on the black trim was not attempted. I am going to see if they will just replace the whole trim piece.

I also had some tiny scratches on my driver door handle. They made it worse and even put two small chips in the paint. So, I need to bring it back again to see what they are going to fix that. Ugh!

The other day I found another huge imperfection on my passanger read door. It's huge weird imprint. It's hard to explain. I'm just going to try to detail that myself.

I've owned many brand new cars and have never had so many issues. When the new WRX STI comes out in 2023, this car will be gone... if I don't get sick of the issues before then...
Sponsored