Paint Imperfections

evlsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Impreza Sport
Country flag
I am wondering if others have issues with paint imperfections? I have huge circles that I am hoping are in the clear, but worry they be below. There are some other circles on the other side too. I also have black spots in the paint on my wing. Those definitely are in the paint and won't buff. I can't get a good enough picture of those.

There are even more issues around the car. What a mess. I thought Subaru paint was bad. Not sure what I should do. Anyone have similar issues?

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Imperfections 20210519_162820

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Imperfections 20210519_162701

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Wow that's crazy ?my 2021 boost blue type r has perfect paint. Bring that car back asap to the dealership!

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Imperfections 20210420_133738

OP
OP
evlsmurf

evlsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lucky! There are also scratches near the circles where it looks like maybe someone attempted to detail that area. It's a complete mess.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Did the dealer put some type of paint sealant on? I had a spot like that on my CW car, but it was just a high spot in the ceramic coating. It polished out easily.

OP
OP
evlsmurf

evlsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did the dealer put some type of paint sealant on? I had a spot like that on my CW car, but it was just a high spot in the ceramic coating. It polished out easily.
No paint sealant. It almost looks like someone kept putting a bottle of some sort on the hood and it started to eat into the clear. However, there is another spot that looks like a thumb print. That hazy mark is it and it also goes into the black trim. I attached pictures but not sure if they do it justice how bad it looks.

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Imperfections 20210519_172620

PNWCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I have a very similar imperfection on my hood. There's a small chip or imperfection in the middle of the circle so I assume the dealer tried buffing it out and made it worse.

Car is a month old.

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint Imperfections Screenshot 2021-05-19 153803

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Those could be denibbing sanding disc marks from the paint quality control department at the assembly line that were not buffed out all the way.

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
Those could be denibbing sanding disc marks from the paint quality control department at the assembly line that were not buffed out all the way.
That wouldn’t surprise me. The quality control on this car is horrendous. I have metal slag by the rear driver side door handle. How it passed inspection beats me.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
my car was flawless. just taking the word of the detailer before he ppf the whole front. but i also saw type r's at other dealerships when i was looking last month that had odd defects in the paint.
i guess if you buy a car unseen then you are at the mercy of whatever condition it may be in.
i would take the car back and have the dealer sort it out.

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE (#30 CAD), 2004 S2000
Country flag
Overall I was pretty happy with my paint condition as well. I got my car delivered with all the plastics and foam protectors still on as it was going straight to my buddy's shop for full PPF. When we were inspecting the car together, the only things we found few a few very small fish eyes in areas you don't really look at and a bit of overspray on the roof which buffed out easily. I never trust dealerships to do your new car prep and wash as I've seen what their "detailers" and "detail bays" look like.

I would recommend going to the dealer and showing them the defects but ask them to compensate for the cost of a professional detailer to correct those defects if possible.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
I also have one of those weird spots in my paint. but at this point its nothing compared to the rock chips, scratches, curb rash, etc that I have done. lol.

OP
OP
evlsmurf

evlsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Heading to the dealership shortly to show them all the issues.

OP
OP
evlsmurf

evlsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The dealership was super understanding and brought me over to the body shop. The shop manager said it was definitely from someone doing a terrible job buffing the hood. They are going to detail the entire hood and address some of the other minor imperfections as best they can.

xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Log in to see these supposed paint imperfections thinking it's going to be something stupid like a small scratch someone is overanalyzing...HOLY CRAP...your paint came like that?! That first picture is terrible. Looks like someone sat a coffee mug on the hood and left it there. I would be talking to the dealer ASAP and getting that either repainted or replaced. You paid quality money for that car.
Sponsored