Paint code for '18 black Sport rim

rcheung28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Wow are charging you $500?!
I know a mobile wheel guy who charges $100 cash, done in 1 ~ 1.5 hours.
He fixes the curbed/damages wheels for the some of the local dealerships (e.g. Honda, Lexus, Toyota ... they are right next to each other).
He's fixed Si, Sport / Touring Hatchback, and Type-R wheels before.

Because of how the wheels are made/machined at the factory, it won't be easy to recreate the machined lines without refinishing the entire wheel. I'm assuming (HOPEFULLY) they are charging you $500 because they are machining/refinishing the entire wheel, rather than just fixing/machining/refinishing the damages spot, and reapplying the clear coat.

AWR...looks like they have a repair shop on the mainland (and mobile repair truck for us on Vancouver Island).
https://alloywheelrepairbc.com/
Shop: 604-231-7698
Mobile: 604-889-0032
#115 – 2691 Simpson Road
Richmond BC V6X 2R2

I've used their mobile service twice now (not on my Civic, but other cars), and I've personally seem work on Sport Hatch, Si, and Type-R wheels.
Pretty good results.
Seems like they've definitely raised their prices. I curbed my front and rear wheels badly when swerved to dodge a rabbit that ran out onto the road (those damn rabbits in Richmond). I sent alloywheelrepair some pictures and they quoted me $225-275 per wheel.
Sponsored

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
#necrobump

My Civic sport had some curb rash when I bought it; I couldn't find a duplicolor nearby that matched, figured I'd share what I used instead:

Rustoleum Dark Walnut gloss spraypaint:
01 dark walnut.jpg

Painted a can to see how it matched up, was happy with how close it was:
02 color match.jpg

Tape off the rashed bits (this wheel had several spots):
03 tape it up.jpg

Sand it down with 60 then 80 grit (I used a dual-grit sanding sponge), then wipe off the dust:
04 sand it 60 80.jpg

Cover everything you don't want oversprayed:
05 cover everything.jpg

Hit the spots with a coat. Remember to use quick swipes from about 12-14" away, start spraying off your target and sweep across completely before stopping spray once past your target, to avoid pooling. Let it sit for 20 min or so and hit it with another coat:
06 spray it, 2 coats.jpg

Remove your tape ASAP; here's what the touchup looks like when still wet.
07 looks ok as it dried.jpg

As it dries it blends even more:
08.jpg

You really have to get up on it and look closely to spot the repairs, which is good enough for me.
Thank you so much for posting this...!!! Will be doing it this weekend.
Appreciate you taking the time to share.