Paint chipping

aegeanblu915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I went to my dealer on a Monday, they did the estimate the same day and it took a week for Honda to get back to my dealer. So all in all, it was about a week-ish. I think having the dealer do all the ground work made the difference in my case. I go to the body shop on the 13th of this month to get the work done, will be about 4K worth of work.

The only downfall, is the body shop said there are some dents on my back half, probably from someone slamming a car door agains my car, so he suggested I get that fixed to make sure no paint issues arise, which I have to pay for the dent fixes so I may be out a couple hundred bucks for that. Womp, Womp.

Very nice!!! Happy for you for sure! Damn I've been waiting since the day I posted smh. I do have another issue with the side mirror that just broke out of nowhere, maybe that's what is holding things up on my side. Post up pics of your new paint so we can all celebrate for you lmao
Sponsored

brews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thanks for the updates. Looks like going to the dealership may be the better choice to get this sorted as soon as possible.

aegeanblu915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Did you all that had this issue fixed have to pay anything out of pocket? I finally got news about what they are going to do for my case. I was told that they will go ahead and cover 80% of the cost to fix the issue. Doesn't seem right to me at all. It will cost me a total of $275. Safe to say I'm pretty upset at this resolution that took about a month and a half to complete. The service manager at the dealership says that this is all they could offer and if I have any issues would need to get a hold of my case manager (which is an entirely mission impossible task in itself).

Thoughts, recommendations?

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So...........how'd it turn out ??????

aegeanblu915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
For me I was able to get what they call good will at 80/20. I'll have pay 20% of the repair cost. Unfortunately they didnt help out with the side mirror so I gotta pay 750 plus tax for that. Kinda ridiculous haha but I guess it is what it is. I think I'm capable of making the swap myself but idk.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
*sings* Oh hell naaahh oooooh oooooooh ooh!!!

energy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Did you all that had this issue fixed have to pay anything out of pocket? I finally got news about what they are going to do for my case. I was told that they will go ahead and cover 80% of the cost to fix the issue. Doesn't seem right to me at all. It will cost me a total of $275. Safe to say I'm pretty upset at this resolution that took about a month and a half to complete. The service manager at the dealership says that this is all they could offer and if I have any issues would need to get a hold of my case manager (which is an entirely mission impossible task in itself).

Thoughts, recommendations?
Interesting, I wonder how I got Honda to pay 100% of the costs to repair the paint. Maybe my dealer was just good at fighting for me? Maybe it was an easier fix? hate they are only doing 80% for you. Hope it turns out ok.

P.S. I see you live in El Paso aegeanblu915. I lived there from 2004 to 2006 when my dad was a professor at UTEP. Cool place for sure.

aegeanblu915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Interesting, I wonder how I got Honda to pay 100% of the costs to repair the paint. Maybe my dealer was just good at fighting for me? Maybe it was an easier fix? hate they are only doing 80% for you. Hope it turns out ok.

P.S. I see you live in El Paso aegeanblu915. I lived there from 2004 to 2006 when my dad was a professor at UTEP. Cool place for sure.
I seem to have that kind of luck when it comes to situations like that, it is what it is I guess. At least I won't pay the full amount. Glad you got it fully taken care of though. Thanks for the positivity!

Oh nice! It's growing that's for sure, definitely a unique spot. Safe and all that good stuff. Glad you all enjoyed it and don't be a stranger to the city!

bird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Having the exact same problem with my 2016 Aegean Blue Civic. I have the extended warranty, which says it excludes paint, but this seems more serious than what the warranty is intending to exclude. Reading the other posts here, it sounds like calling my dealer is the place to start!

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint chipping IMG_6717.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint chipping IMG_6719.JPG

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Somebody f'd up on Aegon blue day.

aegeanblu915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I would really recommend hitting up your dealer, get with their service manager and have them help out. Crazy how Honda still doesn't acknowledge it is a problem.

bird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Just a follow-up, I finally took my car to my local dealer and their service manager got in touch with Honda. Honda offered to cover 90% as a "goodwill" gesture or whatever they called it. So for $150 I figured that was good enough. But then after they had it for a few days, the dealer called and said they found additional peeling on the roof, and Honda would also cover 90% of that with my approval. So after all was said and done, I was out $267 with tax.

I'm glad to have it repaired, but seeing as this is a not-uncommon problem with the Aegean blue, it'd be nice if they'd cover 100% like they did with the A/C condenser. And much like the A/C, I'm curious if this is going to keep happening, or is this paint job somehow different from the original one? I don't know if it was the application or the paint itself that was the problem.

Soulrise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-L
Country flag
I have a 2016 Civic EX-L in Aegean Blue. Same exact issue and location for me. Looks like I need to take this to the dealer too.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just noticed this same problem in the same spots on both sides of the back window on my 2017 Aegean Blue Touring. Not even 40K miles on it yet. I am happy to see that Honda has been working with customers to resolve but I am worried that this may become a chronic issue. Sad since this is my first Honda and I expected better from the brand. I will be printing out the contents of this thread (and another similar one) to back me up when I engage the dealer about it next month. Thanks for the all of the postings.
Sponsored