Paint chipped on hood

salilkuk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Hi guys,

Took my car for a wash today and noticed something unusual. The paint on the hood has 2 tiny holes. Although they're not big, they seem to be deep and I'm afraid they'll get bigger with time. Took it to the dealership and they basically said its from flying stones but I'm not sure about it. I've had my car for just a little over a year.

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint chipped on hood IMG_0420 (1)

Do you guys think I should take it to the dealership again or should I just go for a touch up?

Thanks a lot!
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
touchup paint

that will not get warrantied. The oem paint is very thin and soft

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I have about 5,000 miles on my car. Like most Hondas, I have started to get tiny paint chips, but they are only on my bumpers. Strangely, my hood is pristine.

OP
OP
salilkuk

salilkuk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
I was hoping I will be able to use my car for a good 10 years but by the way things are going, I doubt if it will be able to make it that far

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I stay way back from vehicles and barely drive on the highway, but still counted like 9 stone chips. I got a touchup paint from the dealer and had them touched. Then I got ppf on top of that-hopefully no more chips.
Looking back, it would probably have been cheaper to just 'deal' with the chips until I couldn't stand it anymore, then buy a Seibon hood.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Paint chips happen, just part of DDing a car and just happens by chance. I got PPF installed to avoid this very thing but it can only help so much if the stone is big and fast enough. lol paint chips dont kill the car in 10 years..

OP
OP
salilkuk

salilkuk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Paint chips happen, just part of DDing a car and just happens by chance. I got PPF installed to avoid this very thing but it can only help so much if the stone is big and fast enough. lol paint chips dont kill the car in 10 years..
I meant to say that in general, the overall built quality and cheap materials used are giving me this feeling. I definitely hope it doesn't end up that way!

How much did you guys pay for the PPF?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I paid $1800 to do the entire front end (full bumper, hood, lights, mirrors, fenders), but with one of the higher end films on the market. Cheaper films are cheaper.

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I paid $750 for PPF for full bumper, half hood, half fenders, side mirrors, door handles, and trunk lip.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dr. Colorchip for the paint repair. You're lucky to have that few.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
This is one thing I miss about my old Civic the clear coat had all buy worn off the hood, and my bumper was unpainted black plastic. I gave zero f*'s about chips in the paint at that point. On my new one, after 9 months I have one tiny chip in the hood that's down to the metal, and circular waxing micro scratches all over. Touch up paint and move on.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a few small chips on my hood. I've owned many black cars and just got used to it. Use Honda touch up paint, let it set, then detail. If you're looking for good detailing info check this guy out; he's Engineering Explained of car detailing: https://www.youtube.com/user/AMMONYCdotcom/videos
Sponsored