EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
So, I was walking out of the dentist and saw this black mark on my hatch. I though maybe it was bird crap and when I got closer and took a photo it clearly wasn't. Any idea what could've caused this and how to fix it?

Honda Civic 10th gen Paint chip? chi
Sponsored

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Someone may bumped against it walking although that's pretty deep for a paint chip and you should fix it ASAP.

..............If I had to guess, given the pattern and damage which is significant, someone shot your car with a very strong BB gun. The pattern and damage is consistent with a copper BB.

OP
OP
EMPhoto

EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Someone may bumped against it walking although that's pretty deep for a paint chip and you should fix it ASAP.

..............If I had to guess, given the pattern and damage which is significant, someone shot your car with a very strong BB gun. The pattern and damage is consistent with a copper BB.
That was what I was thinking, just didn't want it to be that. Just glad I'm leaving Vallejo here after this month, shame no one can respect peoples stuff. Thanks again for the input.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
That was what I was thinking, just didn't want it to be that. Just glad I'm leaving Vallejo here after this month, shame no one can respect peoples stuff. Thanks again for the input.
The best way to repair that is to remove the excess paint, clean it with some rubbing alcohol then fill it in. Deep metal chips, use dealer touchup paint, plastic or very light metal chips you can use dr. colorchip.

It's not perfect, but after a few layers it's pretty much gone a few feet away, I still have some I need to fix, ...... from rocks anyways.

I havent been to Vallejo, but I heard its a bad area esp since it went bankrupt. Feel the chip and let me know if there is a curved impact mark in the metal. I'm curious, but if I had to guess it is likely a BB gun that made the mark.