Paddle shifters

BoostedX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Any way to install paddle shifters on a EX-T sedan??
What would the install require if it could be don
Sponsored

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Paddle shifters are pointless with a CVT.
Part of me agrees with you, of course - they literally have no purpose other than to deceive the operator of the vehicle.

However, if I were forced - at gunpoint - to drive a car with a CVT, I'd welcome the deception. So I can see where the question has merit. ;)

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Part of me agrees with you, of course - they literally have no purpose other than to deceive the operator of the vehicle.

However, if I were forced - at gunpoint - to drive a car with a CVT, I'd welcome the deception. So I can see where the question has merit. ;)
I guess if you wanted to drive around and pretend like you're in F1, while streaming F1 engine sounds through your sound system on your daily commute, then more power to you.

But if you actually want the car to go as fast as possible, it works fine as is. :yes:

Reactions: 18k

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Paddle shifters are pointless with a CVT.
I use them in our Outback for passing, it's faster than just gassing it. Now the Civic has a much faster CVT so not sure it matters.

I recently drove a Cooper w/ the 6 speed auto, and kind of liked using the tall knob to manually shift gears, it's a bit more involving than paddle shifters.

And that was the first car I've driven where I prefered the automatic (my mom traded her manual for an auto cause she's in her 80s now).

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Canadian model has them on there CVT. shouldn't be hard to install it on ours
Sponsored