P2261 Error Code Keeps Coming And Going

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey All,

For the past 3 months I keep getting a P2261 error code (Turbocharger bypass control valve stuck closed). It comes and goes randomly.

What should I be checking in my engine? I can't find any issues with loose wiring or nothing :s

The code will go away if I reflash but it also goes away on it's on in a few minutes/few hours/few days then returns again in about 1-2 weeks.

I have Hondata's 93 Octane Tune + PRL HVI

It's really hard for me to take it to the dealer because it comes and goes randomly so they aren't going to do anything about it unless I get lucky and the code stays/appears during my appointment date...

Edit: Just a note - there's no loss of boost or anything when the light appears, still get 26 psi from 93 octane OTS
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Did you figure out your issue?
The OP hasn't posted since 2021 so he may not respond.

Have you taken it to the dealer yet? Bad bypass valve, maybe a wiring issue, tear in a vacuum line, damaged wastegate actuator? Just some ideas.

Side note: If you're tuned could you add your car to my tuning reliability thread? Thanks.

Fk8mike_

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
I just installed a g30-770 turbo kit when this issue started, dealer wont even touch it. Another shop looked at it couldn’t find the issue either
Sponsored