SiGuy17

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey all, first post here. Been a lurker for a couple years now and love the forum. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out why I'm getting this P219F code...

So the other day I was driving (coincidentally, on my way to the dealership for routine service) and the CEL came on, with a "Emissions System Problem" notification on the display. The car was/is running normally (at least as far as I have been able to tell...) so I decided to ignore the light and drive it a bit longer and look out for any symptoms indicative of any abnormal operation, noises, bad performance, etc., and I figured that if it continued to seem normal then it was probably a fluke and maybe the code could be cleared and not come back.

I drove home and went to NAPA the following day to have the code scanned, and found that it was a P219F (Cylinder 4 Imbalance Error). Still assuming that maybe it was nothing, I had the guy clear the code in hopes that it would not come back. I drove home and the CEL did not come back on, so I was hopeful that it would stay off; however the next time I drove the car the CEL came back on. Still no abnormal conditions that I could notice, so I drove to work this morning and tried to be extra observant to see if anything seemed unusual, and I still felt that there was nothing out of the ordinary. I called the dealership and gave them all of this information and the service advisor suggested checking the air filter for proper seating in the housing and making sure that the housing itself was closed properly. I knew that the filter and housing were fine, but I thought I'd check anyway. Everything is normal and the filter is pretty clean.

In addition to the above, I've done a little Google searching and found some basic information relative to this code, but without any actual symptoms to reference I am feeling stuck... I'd rather not pay the dealership $130 just for diagnosis, plus however much it's going to cost for repairs if this is actually not a major issue and/or something that is simple enough for me to fix myself - I'm capable enough to handle minor mechanical work myself, just not very good at diagnosing issues to determine the root cause...

That said... anyone here have any experience with this particular code that may be able to shed some light? The tough part is that there is nothing noticeable to speak of besides the CEL itself... I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to what I should be trying to look for, or can speak from experience as to what may cause this issue with little-to-no symptomatic evidence of the actual problem...

What do you guys think?? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP

SiGuy17

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan
Country flag
Update...

I added some injector cleaner and cleared the code again, and the CEL has not come back on (yet...). Hoping for the best, but I'd still be interested in feedback if anyone has experienced anything similar. I still find it odd that the car is/has been running normally and still threw the same code twice....

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Mine was a p219d cylinder imbalance with the same description early on as far as symptoms go (lack thereof)...it got progressively worse until it would hit limp mode multiple times a drive cycle...thought I was going to need to call a wrecker on the way to trade it in!

Probably early onset injector problem in my opinion.

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i currently have p219f. anyone ever find out the issue?

barajasr

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si 10th gen
Country flag
I got that code. has anybody solved what is causing it?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think there are numerous possibilities with injectors being one. Fuel pump is less likely but possible. It's the type of code that really should be diagnosed by a pro.
Sponsored