P1172 CEL/P0134 ECU Systems Failures after carwash?

OP
OP
Jamroxorz

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have an engine detail done or water gets sprayed up under your hood during a detail, almost anything electrical can get screwed up due to water. We used to have this issue with the dealership car wash as they would spray the engines down with a power washer and it would destroy coil packs and other electrical components. Not saying that's what happened but it is possible.
It’s possible, I’ll avoid that wash in the future. The pressure may have been too high on the undercarriage wash. I usually wash my car by hand weekly during warmer weather, but it’s cold, snowy, and salty here right now.
Sponsored

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
@Jamroxorz , If you pay for a diagnostic and it turns out that the troublesome part is covered under warranty, you should get your deposit back. Did you get your deposit back?
Probably because I'm a grouchy old man, but IDGAF what the problem is... if I take a vehicle under the OEM bumper to bumper warranty to a dealer and they want a deposit before they'll diagnose a problem, it'll take somebody from corporate to convince me that's really necessary.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was just looking through my manual yesterday and the part about washing it pointed to two areas by the cowling for the wipers and said, do not spray water in here,doing so can cause a malfunction.

OP
OP
Jamroxorz

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably because I'm a grouchy old man, but IDGAF what the problem is... if I take a vehicle under the OEM bumper to bumper warranty to a dealer and they want a deposit before they'll diagnose a problem, it'll take somebody from corporate to convince me that's really necessary.
I would totally agree, but I had an aftermarket Intake installed =\

Was just looking through my manual yesterday and the part about washing it pointed to two areas by the cowling for the wipers and said, do not spray water in here,doing so can cause a malfunction.
Possible pressure was so powerful it blasted through the barrier? I know I won’t be taking it back to that wash haha.
Sponsored