P0442 - Emission problem and rev match problem: PRL Intake fault?

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Besides that one. ?

Not to be the ACkShuALLy guy but It's not an ECU calibration thing, it's just the MAF sensor itself being maxed out and needing a housing upgrade. Can't do anything to the ECU to fix it other than ignore the problem.
I thought it was related to voltage range. And the added airflow sends the voltage range out of spec causing the CEL. Just my understanding, I could be completely wrong.
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I thought it was related to voltage range. And the added airflow sends the voltage range out of spec causing the CEL. Just my understanding, I could be completely wrong.
It is. I'm not entirely sure if the MAF sensor itself can send a higher voltage than 5 (it probably can since the CEL is about it being high voltage/out of range), but in any case the ECU input is hard limited to 5 volts and there's no way around it by changing the software.

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Generally, analog (sensor) voltage range is limited to 0.5V to 4.5V. This is so a it can detect a latch-down or latch-up event, which can be around 0.5V or less. Detecting such a state is required by ISO 26262, a safety standard automobile manufactures design with. In tuning, this check is disabled to get more range from the MAF sensor. It's very possible to get this MIL if you have mods and tune (with the check enabled). You can easily get a MAF signal above 4.5V with some bolt-ons.
Sponsored