P0172 Code?

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
Hey guys.
While I was driving on the freeway this morning I randomly got a p0172 code and every light came on the dash with it. I pulled off the freeway and checked all my hoses and didn't find anything. I cleared the code and the car ran fine. I have a prl cobra street maf and a front pipe back exhaust untuned. Would this be injectors giving out? I'm at 60,600 miles and I think I'm out of powertrain warranty to take it to the dealer.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
What Is The Cause Of P0172?
  • Dirty or faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
  • Faulty oxygen sensor
  • Faulty air-fuel ratio Sensor
  • Leaky fuel injectors allowing too much fuel into the combustion cylinders
  • Worn spark plugs
  • Stuck fuel pressure regulator
  • Faulty coolant temperature sensor
  • Faulty coolant thermostat

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Look this pdf ... they changed both cams and head on warranty on my si 2017. I Hope they can fix it under warranty ... are you running rich like -15 of STFT1?

Attachments

Last edited:

Gradyjim024

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si coupe
Country flag
Look this pdf ... they changed both cams and head on warranty on my si 2017. I Hope they can fix it under warranty ... are you running rich like -15 of STFT1?
I'm having the same issue and my stft1 is going into the -25s

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
I'm having the same issue and my stft1 is going into the -25s
Mine before repair, I was on -20 to -25 on idle and babying the car ... its could be an bad injector to. On my car they changed cams before because of whirling noise sound(p172) and after p303 poped out for a dead injector so they changed all... I did all my maintenance at the dealer and I'm changing my oil always at like 30-40% and honda didnt ask anything about my tune( for sure tuned it back to stock ) . I was like at 86k kilo and they fixed all on warranty. I bought the car in december 2017 and here we have cold winter so maybe that didn't help the oil dilution issue so its damaged my cams maybe ... Well I have the 160k 6-7 years warranty extension maybe that helped my case lol and now I don't regret my extension warranty .

Last edited:

Gradyjim024

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si coupe
Country flag
Mine before repair, I was on -20 to -25 on idle and babying the car ... its could be an bad injector to. On my car they changed cams before because of whirling noise sound(p172) and after p303 poped out for a dead injector so they changed all... I did all my maintenance at the dealer and I'm changing my oil always at like 30-40% and honda didnt ask anything about my tune( for sure tuned it back to stock ) . I was like at 86k kilo and they fixed all on warranty. I bought the car in december 2017 and here we have cold winter so maybe that didn't help the oil dilution issue so its damaged my cams maybe ... Well I have the 160k 6-7 years warranty extension maybe that helped my case lol and now I don't regret my extension warranty .
What's the whirling noise a cause of? I hear what could be whirling if in in the throttle with the prl cobra on it.

OP
OP
TranceFC1

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
For me I was able to fix it with cleaning the maf sensor and clearing the code. Hasn't come back in about 2 weeks.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
For me I was able to fix it with cleaning the maf sensor and clearing the code. Hasn't come back in about 2 weeks.
Yea he should try to do the basic test before all this happen! To me cleaning the maf didn't help and I changed my spark plug to.

Last edited:

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
What's the whirling noise a cause of? I hear what could be whirling if in in the throttle with the prl cobra on it.
Did you look my pdf above? And for the sound I don't know much ... its my tech tell me that.

Honda Civic 10th gen P0172 Code? Screenshot_20201102-215344_Drive
Sponsored