saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
When I bought my 2018 civic coupe EX turbo modern steel with 4 miles on the OD I had great hopes that this car would satisfy me. Owning used cars from 1985 ( a 1963 rambler being my first car) too 2004 being a Hyundai Tiburon GT my first new car. was total in 2011
bought a 2003 VW Jetta TDI ( the only 4 door sedan that I owned) than in 2014 buying my second new car was a Hyundai Elantra coupe. Owning both Hyundai were good they didn’t have major problems the Tiburon a little more so. If I had to go back with Hyundai I would. But owning the civic is a great joy at 4 years of ownership I’ll have to say I made the right decision among many cars that I looked at in 2017 and 2018. At 56 k it still runs like a champ the only problem I have is the tires but that’s not a manufacturer problem it’s because Florida roads are bad for tires other than that the car has been a great daily driver and hopefully for many years too come
so how’s anyone feel about the 10 Gen civic owning it for a few year?
Sponsored

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
3 cars i had before buying my Civic HB. a 1997 E36,a 1995 E36 M3 and a 1981 Mercedes 300SD. Saying my 2017 Civic spoiled me is an understatement. for the past 5 years, i only have to deal with regular maintenance and tire punctures.

At this point, i have no problem driving the Civic another 5 years. I like the style of the 10th Hatch sport. I was thinking the other day, my next car could be the 12th gen Hatchback. Considering it could be the last pure gasoline civic.

Last edited:

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I love my 2016 EX - though I probably don't tell it enough. It's done me well over the past 5 years and 137,000 miles. The past couple of years have been hard on it, putting 80k miles over those two years, driving 1,000 miles in a day at least twice a month. And I don't baby it, those trips are 90 mph for 95% of those drives.

Maintenance is simple and infrequent, even with my usage. Oil changes every 10k miles take 20 minutes with the help of ramps; CVT fluid changes every 30-50k miles take 30 minutes with ramps in front and jack stands in the back to hold the car level; coolant changes every 60k miles are simple to drain and fill; brake fluid every 3 years is straightforward; and lastly, changing spark plugs every 100k miles is outstanding.

Everything is still original, except the tires, fluids, plugs, and filters - even the brakes are still original. I would love to get at least another 5 years and 100k miles out of my Civic.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought my 2018 sport touring brand new as a reward for myself when I got my first job from college. Almost 4 yrs and 26k miles later, I'm still happy with my purchase. It's a good economy car, and it's also a hatchback which I love for its practical style. Never have I thought about selling it bc the used car market is very hot; it's a sell-high buy-high market anyway. By the way, I have extended the warranty up to 120k miles, so I will be enjoying the car for quite some time.
Sponsored