Owner comparison - 10th ex-t sensing vs. Lexus IS 200t F-sport

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I actually prefer the civic.

It's good honest transportation; sporty, reliable, and a decent drive.

Initially when we were looking at cars, we test drove the Audi A4, IS200t, Mercedes GLA, infiniti Q50. Then I felt bad cause my girl was driving an old car and for less than $10k more I could've gotten both of us new cars. It turned out, the Civic checked all the buttons. The other cars were a little faster (honestly the lexus and mercedes felt slower), had more power, a bit quieter (the A4 was much quieter, the GLA actually louder), and some hardwood on the dash. Honestly, a solid bank vault like thunk when closing the door doesn't exactly tickle my nether regions.

Plus I couldn't get over the crap gas mileage of the lexus and infiniti. Also didn't want to pay an extra 75 cents a gallon for premium.

I honestly couldn't see what was so special about the "luxury" cars after test driving them.
Sponsored

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
My first choice was a new MB C Coupe. It is a good looking and capable car. I added the options that I wanted and it came up to be $76K CAN. On the other hand, the SI Coupe was $34K. I finally decided on the SI and so far am happy with my decision.

Gas mileage and ongoing maintenance costs are is my biggest concerns with the C Coupe.

I rented a GLA to go to Montreal a month ago and I did not like it at all. I recall I read somewhere that for MB, C Class is the lowest model to get MB guality.

OP
OP

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I actually prefer the civic.

It's good honest transportation; sporty, reliable, and a decent drive.

Initially when we were looking at cars, we test drove the Audi A4, IS200t, Mercedes GLA, infiniti Q50. Then I felt bad cause my girl was driving an old car and for less than $10k more I could've gotten both of us new cars. It turned out, the Civic checked all the buttons. The other cars were a little faster (honestly the lexus and mercedes felt slower), had more power, a bit quieter (the A4 was much quieter, the GLA actually louder), and some hardwood on the dash. Honestly, a solid bank vault like thunk when closing the door doesn't exactly tickle my nether regions.

Plus I couldn't get over the crap gas mileage of the lexus and infiniti. Also didn't want to pay an extra 75 cents a gallon for premium.

I honestly couldn't see what was so special about the "luxury" cars after test driving them.
Maybe there was something (else) wrong with my civic. No way, no how was it in any form smoother, quieter or more powerful than my 3is. I get 33mpg mostly highway so far where I was getting 40-42 in the Honda. Premium fuel (93) is .30 a gallon more than 87 octane at a local station I always fill up at. Yes there are faster, more efficient, and cheaper alternatives.....but I am quite thrilled with my new purchase so far. As far as premium brands/models go, this has the best balance of ride, quality, comfort, efficiency, resale and expected reliability for me. If I didn't drive so many miles per year and plan to keep cars 200-300k, I may have chosen something else. Civic has a lot going for it for sure...if they get their software working properly (and timely) and don't be rude (HoA) to loyal customers it would be a much greater choice/value.

internalaudit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic 5 M/T, 2011 I4 Accord Coupe 5 A/T
I was checking out the BMW 2 Series, Lexus IS and the A4 and surprisingly, only 2018+ 2 Series have ACC (no indication of stop and go). The 2017/18 A4 model with the ACC LSF will be almost twice as expensive as a Touring because you need to get the top trim and add the driver assistance package while the Lexus IS 2018 doesn't even have LSF, just high-speed ACC.

Not sure how smart Honda's ACC LSF is but if it's good enough, it's one solid reason to stay in the Honda fold.

I think I will make this ACC LSF criterion a necessity when car shopping so I can limit my choices. That gets rid of any used 2 Series, used Lexus IS, 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring and puts back the Civc on my radar. :)
Sponsored